Tiger BB gun

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Tiger BB gun

Post by MarkofZollo »

If any one can help would be greatly appreciated. Basically the gun on my Tiger isnt wanting to work, hasnt for last couple weeks. I got into it yesterday and when moving a couple wire joints it started working but very slowly. I held down the lever on controller whilst moving wires, after a while the gun suddenly moved at normal speed but I noticed smoke coming from the main board. Smoke was from same resistor I had burnt out when fiddling with smoke unit months back and had replaced. Gun didnt work after resistor burnt but was when it was smoking? I replaced it again and went back through all the wires from board to gun and nothing is out of place. Have re-soldered all the joints just incase but still no joy. Burnt another resistor today so I dont know whats going on. Everthing else works perfect.
Any one had anything similar or know some points to check? Months ago I removed the red LED warning light from that circuit, also the switch for the gun but I dont see how that would change anything?
Cheers, Dave
There is always a fifth Sherman
Saxondog
Captain

Re: Tiger BB gun

Post by Saxondog »

Dave have you checked the wiring diagram to ensure the wiring is not cross connected? That seems to be the issue? If you need these diagrams their listed in this section or I can post them for you? Saxondog
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Re: Tiger BB gun

Post by MarkofZollo »

Sax is that the one in the RX 18 wiring thread? I think my problem lies in the turret, I did a rubbish diagram of it;
The switch at the top is to show why black become red, the posetive going into the elevation then goes to the gun motor posetive but the switch was in between. When I removed the switch my problems started but surely when the switch was 'on' the circuit was the same? I dont remember where the LED was, I think it may have been connected parallel to the gun motor wires, if anyone could do a diagram of the origional wiring that could help.
Cheers, Dave
There is always a fifth Sherman

Return to “Heng Long”