Late Tiger 1 build 1/6 Armortek

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Late Tiger 1 build 1/6 Armortek

Post by ALPHA »

So this is the working interior you spoke about...very nice :D ...in my mind it seems like tight work...is it? 8O

ALPHA
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Johnf »

It must have been a squeeze with gun parts inside.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Johnf wrote:It must have been a squeeze with gun parts inside.
Are you going to include any of that detail in it as well?...man that seat looks comfortable...it should be that nice lol

ALPHA
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

Eventually. Do not have the equipment at present but have all the drawings in 1/6 for the gun details inside the turret. If you look back there is a lot more in the driver and radio operator. Also intend to fit a dummy maybach, cooling fans and fuel tanks. These will need to be removeable for display purposes. Need that space for the batteries.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Johnf wrote:Eventually. Do not have the equipment at present but have all the drawings in 1/6 for the gun details inside the turret. If you look back there is a lot more in the driver and radio operator. Also intend to fit a dummy maybach, cooling fans and fuel tanks. These will need to be removeable for display purposes. Need that space for the batteries.
When we spoke before...it was about those GUP figures..you mentioned they had Medicom ones out....Those tanker figures you have are nice too....and I know they aren't that inexpensive either lol...gotta hand it to you 1/6th guys...you all just take this hobby to another level :thumbup:

ALPHA
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

Here is another new addition. First of the four 88mm ammo bins. This is a heavy item. Over 1/2 Kg. Over 1 kg when ammo fitted. I was hoping to have them finished for TANKMOD at Bovington but no chance. Not looking forward to making the others and I need seven more as two Tigers to be fitted with them.

Anyway here are some photos of first attempt.

ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

7 more????????? :O .....That's scary John ...............That's almost 40 lbs additional...How do you do it....my back would be screaming bloody murder...one of those loaded tins weigh more than two or three of my tanks :O

You deserve a lot of Respect :thumbup:

ALPHA

PS. Beautiful work ...do you machine the shells yourself?
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

2.2 lbs in a kilo so not so bad Alpha. Picking up or pushing an Armortek Tiger without a trolly is out of the question. I had a few machined shells. Did'nt make them myself. Rear shells are just resin shells. At 74 shells per tank I need a lot of shells. This is not full Tiger capacity but as much as RC electrics will allow.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Johnf wrote:2.2 lbs in a kilo so not so bad Alpha. Picking up or pushing an Armortek Tiger without a trolly is out of the question. I had a few machined shells. Did'nt make them myself. Rear shells are just resin shells. At 74 shells per tank I need a lot of shells. This is not full Tiger capacity but as much as RC electrics will allow.
Times 7 lol...still not bad...my calculator must have been off :{ ....so you cast these shells yourself John....they look great!

ALPHA
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

Just to mention. No screws, pins, rivets or glue. 100% brass apart from the solder and wooden shell rests. It's a juggling act trying to keep it together when assembling but very sturdy when finished.

Return to “Larger Scale Military”