Trumpeter 1/200 Battleship Arizona

If you have any non-RC warships that you would like to show, post them here!
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Re: Trumpeter 1/200 Battleship Arizona

Post by dylan9391 »

Hi,
Not more than a couple of frames really extending about an inch at the back. I suppose with soft balsa you could go further and razor plane, but it's only material you will have to remove later, especially if it's a working model, so easier to put the strips in as far as you can.
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Thanks Dylan, I watch with growing interest. Sax
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Forgot to mention thanks for the information,the book at best price is 24.95us on amazon. I should receive e-mail notification if more copies become available. List price is 47.95 us. cheers Blake

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

Hi Blake,

I've been a bit busy working on a commission model this week a 1/6 Cromwell, so I have not progressed with the ship other than adding the odd plank, but will try and do a bit more this week. It would be good to get the hull finished.The book looked good and if you can get it at that price absolutely brilliant. Half the list price fab.
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Hi Dylan, No problem, I have spent years on ship models like my USS Constitution. Then I have three other model ship in different stages of completion. Cheers Blake
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

I know what you mean with keeping things moving on, on a number of different projects. It's good to do that as it can be a bit boring working on the same one all of the time. The temperature in the workshop has dropped substantially so the first job tomorrow is to get an old heater working, so I don't freeze to the modelling bench.
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Memphis,Tn has weird weather,40 one day 74 the next. Cloud cover for a week blue skies for a week. I truly do not like the cold weather period. Hope you work out the heater.
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

The temperature here is close to the o degrees and it says minus 3 over night, so chilly stuff indeed with a chance of snow. However the heater is working ok so at least I can now keep warm when I am in the upper bit of my workshop just means that everything takes longer to dry typically.
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

i have been meaning to ask you about smoke,do you use a smoker device? If so which brand? Type of fluid? Curious because the smoker in my Tiger was designed to work in ships and tanks and trucks,their is a smokestack attachment for use in ships. Sax
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

Hi,

I've got two small smoke units fitted to Fearless, but I can't remember the brand of the unit. It uses suethe smoke oil. Most of the ships that I have completed for me have tended to be modern vessels and are not steam driven apart from Fearless. Jamaica does not have a smoke unit at present although that might change for next year when I can get it out on the lake again. My customers have tended to have the scratchbuilt models as large static display items and care little for working features. It's a shame sometimes as it would be nice to see models in their natural environment.

Return to “Warships”