1:16 Sherman convert to "Oddball's" tank

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
fleshpedler
Sergeant

Re: 1:16 Sherman convert to "Oddball's" tank

Post by fleshpedler »

Cracking Alan , this build of your,s is so much fun :haha: ,well done that man.. :D ..........
Fleshy....................................
Delboy
Private

Post by Delboy »

cracking job on the sherman just love oddball figure and ya made the speaker :clap: :clap: :clap:
cheers Derek
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

Thats one sweet looking Sherman you have there..well done :clap: :clap: :clap:
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Just found this, looks awesome! :D
sparks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by sparks »

Thanks guys for all the kind comments.
Its been a long haul, but nearly there, just waiting for more stowage parts, then I can start weathering. I'm going to try MIG pigments this time, never used them before, it looks like you can alter it about before permanantly fixing, any feedback would be welcome.
sparks
Hey man....I just ride 'em, I dunno what makes 'em work.
Woof woof woof !
fleshpedler
Sergeant

Post by fleshpedler »

Hi Alan
Yep i always use mig pigments they very good , but once you have added the fixer that,s it,, unless you want to repaint the parts covered,but they sure give what you want, but tip of the day practise on some old model first ,as you add the colours at first they stick and then it falls away you will see what I mean ........good luck with those and i look forward to seeing your finished tank ........
Fleshy...........................P.S. place tank on some paper then some of those pigments that fall off then they can be collected and although they will be mixed up they can always be used for the tracks on your next model...............Oh remember"" less is more"" trust me on this............
sparks

Post by sparks »

Thanks for the advice Pete, I was deffo gonna practise on something first .
Do you still move and blend the pigments with "Thinner for Washes" to get the effect you want, before "fixing" them ???
Alan
Woof woof woof !
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

This is just me..for washes i use artist oils..3 or 4 blobs of colours mix it to the shade you want, you can always darken it as you go..and make it a thin as you want..but there are many ways and many thing you can use..but this is just mine.
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
fleshpedler
Sergeant

Post by fleshpedler »

Hi Alan
when you use thinner for washes you can still remove the pigments so anything is possible .But once you use the fixer that,s it mate ,or as I said unless you wish too paint it again, I must confess that very seldom do I use the fixer , and as the pigments come off with lots of handling then you can just reapply ,,,,,,,it,s like all painting and such skill practise it first , and then be brave ,but one more tip of the day is=you can always add but not take away,.......so remember less is sometimes more .......keep me posted on your progress or you can give me a bell ........
Fleshy..............................
sparks

Post by sparks »

Thanks pete,
I might have a little play with them over the weekend, on an old model of course :haha:
Woof woof woof !

Return to “Tamiya Builds”