1/16 Elefant Ludwig/Asiatam

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: 1/16 Elefant Ludwig/Asiatam

Post by Soeren »

Very, very nice tank :clap:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

That view through the front cover is spectacular Mr X, thanks again for getting back to this and for sharing with us all on here.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

Absolutely amazing work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
xrad

Post by xrad »

WOW! Thank you for all the awesome comments! I am really happy I came back to finish this project and get back on the RCTW board and read about everyone's new projects. Especially now with some Arduino and 3D experience, modelling seems even more fun than ever before!

While the paint is drying, been hard at work on the wav trigger code. Finally took care of a CANFIRE bug. Basically, I have a timer which times RELOAD out to 2.5 seconds and does some reload sound trigger. Once this timer is started, you can't trigger CANFIRE until after 2.5 seconds has elapsed. Also, had to write the code so that the main gun is loaded first, before you can CANFIRE.... makes sense. The original versions of the code allowed one to refire CANFIRE during the 'reload' timer; it caused the CANFIRE to serialprint, but no wav trigger , and restarted the timer again. So basically, what seemed like a good idea (keeping one under the 'reload' timer so that the commander has to wait the full 2.5 seconds, really meant that an itchy trigger finger could be caught in the 'egg timer' loop forever.

Also, all pseudo delays have to occur without any real delay so that the rest of the code is not effected. Creating a pseudo delay in these simple loop programs is not entirely obvious or easy. Anyway, all good for now. My Tsunami arrived (spark fun had to send another one out- they were VERY helpful!). So in the next few weeks, will start on the wave trigger serial code (the other half of the code).....

so now I have:
16 channel discrimination
within each channel a way to divide up to 1000 pulse frequencies
(so basically a max of 16000 sound triggers...but only need 30 or so..and the Tsunami supports 4096 wav files)

If I can find a way to add a random polyplay to the Tsunami, it would be really cool to have totally random engine backfires and other tank noises/yells/squeaks thrown into the sounds....
xrad

Post by xrad »

Getting closer with sound. I can now play mono 16 tracks controlled by 'switches' all at once. I just loaded my DECEL file 16 times. Sounds like an echo due to the way I was playing the tracks. VERY smooth transition from one track to another, no audible abnormalities.... :D

Just have to due a bit of coding to get the tracks to play with my RC converted to serial signal......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kcG1VKu5lU
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Love it sounds excellent :clap: :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
xrad

Post by xrad »

Teensy 3.2 on top, Tsunami RED board,  3 watt amp little blue board, yellow wire serial Tx -Rx
Teensy 3.2 on top, Tsunami RED board, 3 watt amp little blue board, yellow wire serial Tx -Rx
THX CRainford! :) Just got the Tsunami Super wav board up and running with one wire serial control (Tx-Rx) . I am using Robertsonics demo arduino code and the Teensy 3.2 Super nice fades, and polyplay sounds. Should sound great once I add tank sounds and the serial code to my RC code...

I know it's not RC tank sounds, but you get the idea.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0b_fDJZg80
xrad

Post by xrad »

OK, so this am I merged the Tsunami wav board with the Teensy sbus RC controller both physically through the wiring, and in my code. It all works nicely. The Tsunami serial control is straightforward . It's messy breadboard wiring right now but really will be minimal when done.
Attachments
IMG_2610.JPG
Last edited by xrad on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Stunning work I am beyond impressed :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
xrad

Post by xrad »

Thx CRainford! Its been a bit of a day trying to get the serial control working. I have to create some kind of array or 'for' which does not let the tracks repeat. I am able to get MG sounds and Cannon sound and idle sound no problem. Also fades and loops work fine. It is just getting one engine sound to another fading and looping all at once....I am sure that someone with coding experience could get this done in a few hours..

Other issue was a bad RMILEC (died after 8 hours) which of course made for some horrible serial sound issues...and took a bit of time to find..hence the blue light 8 channel sbus converter..a back-up.

Here is basic idle with overlayed MG and Cannonfire, note: real MG34 and 88mm sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNNmEDc0YVE

Return to “Other Builds”