How to install Elmod boards

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Re: How to install Elmod boards

Post by Yellowshaker »

Ok, very good. Thanks again brother.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

Well, I have been messing with the new board all day. I cannot get the user sounds to work. I must be slow....
I added 2 sounds to the library and they show up as user 1 and 2 and they play on the pc...but no joy trying to trigger them with the rds8000.... This is beginning to bug me a bit.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I would suggest that you message Thomas at Elmod, he speaks excellent English and will explain the solution very promptly. They are incredibly helpful, and offer a second to none after sales service.

https://www.elmod.eu/contact_us.php

They also have a german Elmod forum

http://www.rceifel.de/forum/index.php

so Google Translate may provide the answer if its on there.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

Rob , as always a wealth of information and help.
I have been messing around some with the boards and like the Fusion set up much better than the previous offering.
The one thing I a still not getting is how to make a custom sound set work. I created a sound file for a tank as I had done with the older system. I used it on an old pro board and it worked just fine. However, it will not function on this fusion board. Do you have any reason why, or what I might be doing wrong?
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I haven't used a pro board so this is just a guess, it might be that the files for an eco board need to be saved into a different place. I would go and have a look on my sd card, but since I upgraded my pc with a new motherboard, and upated various programs, I can't yet get the Sound Manager.exe to work again using Linux. I am almost there, it opens the GUI, but as soon as I click on anything it just shuts down. It's not Elmod's fault, they designed the software to run under Windows or a MAC, I have access to neither. I even bought a disk caddy to run my Windows Vista hard drive on my laptop, but that was faulty so they are sending me another.

If I can get this all working again I will take a look and see what I can find out.

One other option is to try the Elmod forum

http://www.rceifel.de/forum/showthread.php?t=7289

They have an English section, and Thomas will pick up any questions there and respond.

Sorry I can't be more help at the moment, I am a bit stuck. :|

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

Hello Yellowshaker,

please read this: http://www.rceifel.de/forum/showthread.php?t=8151

These are the English FAQ for ElMod NextGen sound sets; possible you'll find your answer here.
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Tiger I early (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

The thinking is allowed to all people, but many are spared. (Curt Goetz 1888-1960)
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

At long last after starting a fresh Vista install on my laptop at 10am yesterday, getting 7 hours sleep and finishing it at 4pm today...yes it took that long to get it working properly, I finally got my Elmod software installed and running.

Tried the NextGen Pershing sounds in the Panther, and they are good.

Back to your question, I overlooked the obvious with your problem. When you saved the sound files did you make sure that they were all 22mhz 8 bit wav files, and did you save them without the tags? If any of those parameters aren't right then the board will ignore the sounds completely.

Just thought that I would mention it, just in case. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

Yes, that wasn't the problem, but a good thing to keep in mind. What I found was the name of the folder I made and the name in the info file inside the folder had to match or it would not be seen by the software editor...
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Glad you got it sorted, nice to know it all works properly. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

Yes, the new updates they made are very good. The tank has a very realistic feel to it, even more so than the earlier offerings. They get better and better, I suppose. Just wish more guys here would appreciate what the system does.

Return to “El-Mod”