New crews coming (from Coolbank?)

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Rob1970
Corporal

New crews coming (from Coolbank?)

Post by Rob1970 »

Hey folks,

I got into a bit of a chat with a rep from the Coolbank store on AliExpress about ordering a Stuart, asking if they could match the price on Banggood (a good €23 difference) and the shipping time.
When they couldn't I told them I would stick with Banggood and wait longer as I am in no hurry to get the Stuart.

Then they started to offer me "small gifts" to get me to order from them. When I stuck to my decision they offered me this;

Now, they told me it was a secret, but there's no such thing as secrets on the internet...
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
tomhugill
Captain

Re: New crews coming (from Coolbank?)

Post by tomhugill »

It's just the tamiya/HL with a new hat.Image

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

That figure is the same as the heng long ones that came with their Sherman's albeit with a tanker helmet Image

Cheers,Lee.

Tom just beat me to it, but I did add a picture as proof :haha:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Yep, another Coolbank knock off.

I can't in all honesty give that company a single penny of my money.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Herr Dr. Professor
Captain

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I do find the Tamiya/HengLong/Taigen/CoolBank-TongDe U.S. "General Issue" tanker to be good for practice at painting figures. However, this guy's tanker helmet fits "like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine" (Does anyone recognize that line?)
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:12 pm I do find the Tamiya/HengLong/Taigen/CoolBank-TongDe U.S. "General Issue" tanker to be good for practice at painting figures. However, this guy's tanker helmet fits "like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine" (Does anyone recognize that line?)
Yeah, that guy is fugly... for the money I save by buying from Banggood I can buy a nice set of 1/16 resin crew from AliExpress...
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I will stick with no crews, because for those of us that battle or run a tank under battle conditions the crew would be closed up not so safely inside. I would be more interested in some good infantry and gun crew figures. Only need I would have for a tank crew in all honesty are either parked up and brewing up or a dead commander shot while escaping a hit tank. But that’s just my preference
It’s your tank it’s what you make it

Return to “Hobby News”