It's Alive! 1/6th Scale Mark 1 King Tiger

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

It's Alive! 1/6th Scale Mark 1 King Tiger

Post by dgsselkirk »

Still a lot of work to do but it lives! So running with the Clark TK80X which is specifically made to run with external ESC's for that I am using Sabretooth ESC's . The Sabertooth is running a big 6S lipo 22.5V and the Clark board is run off a 7.4v 2200 MAH. the Clark has onboard dual 15W amp for the speakers. will probably move down to a 3S Lipo that we did test with as the 6S just has so much power and runs so fast!
Michael has the end points down to 10% in this video! LOL! gotta do some cleats on the ramp to help with traction. Will be adding smokers for exhaust and try to get the firing squib up and running too. Didn't work in this go round. And of course whole new paint job and details to be added but we are getting there!

Many, Many thanks to my friend MichaelC for doing the electronics install. could have done it without you! :-)
As always subscribe to my youtube channel for tons more tank videos, this years battle season, and there will be updates on the beast as we go!!! You can also check out my little store website for 1/16 stuff and tank projects that we have done.
https://dgsselkirk.wixsite.com/dgsmilitaryhobby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-SEryK ... =DeanGodin
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: It's Alive! 1/6th Scale Mark 1 King Tiger

Post by maxmekker »

Just awsome . Happy to see it move about. for next video you can have my agressive KT sounds loaded
Drammen Rock City
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

That BIG beast is so cool, good work gettin her goin.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

Thanks Guys!
Marc780
Corporal

Post by Marc780 »

Thanks for the links actually OP - while I'm here I want to point out something, that might help somebody someday that I found on your link DGS Hobbies".
I have several pages from this forum all talking about the Hooben T-55 I tried to build full function, and that gave me fits because the kit is so half-baked when they made it, that nothing fits right out of the box.
The biggest problem I had, was trying to get the main gun recoil function parts to work. Tried all sorts of things, nothing could make it work right, out of the box it is just garbage components. And this kit from DGS hobby for $30 measly smackers, would have fixed every problem I had. Would have just thrown the Hooben parts away, and figured out how to mount this one in the turret and saved lots of grey hairs by doing it this way!

https://dgsselkirk.wixsite.com/dgsmilit ... ecoil-kits
Jimmic
Recruit

Post by Jimmic »

Great job getting it going there! I'm in the process of doing exactly the same with a Mark 1 King Tiger which has finally come to the top of the list of "got to do". Bought as a basket case a good while ago and just fitted the Sabretooth. Now moves under it's own steam for the first time in probably a decade or more. They are quirky but fun.
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

Marc780 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:59 pm Thanks for the links actually OP - while I'm here I want to point out something, that might help somebody someday that I found on your link DGS Hobbies".
I have several pages from this forum all talking about the Hooben T-55 I tried to build full function, and that gave me fits because the kit is so half-baked when they made it, that nothing fits right out of the box.
The biggest problem I had, was trying to get the main gun recoil function parts to work. Tried all sorts of things, nothing could make it work right, out of the box it is just garbage components. And this kit from DGS hobby for $30 measly smackers, would have fixed every problem I had. Would have just thrown the Hooben parts away, and figured out how to mount this one in the turret and saved lots of grey hairs by doing it this way!

https://dgsselkirk.wixsite.com/dgsmilit ... ecoil-kits
yep, they work!

Return to “Show Off”