Well there you have it.

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Pavel
Lance Corporal

Re: Well there you have it.

Post by Pavel »

This is not meme- this is reality.
There are also such inventors.....
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (5.09 KiB) Viewed 59 times
images (1).jpg
images (1).jpg (7.33 KiB) Viewed 59 times
kakim-generatorom-mozhno-zaryazhat-batareyu-elektromobilya-elektrichka.rus-foto-1-750x500.jpg
kakim-generatorom-mozhno-zaryazhat-batareyu-elektromobilya-elektrichka.rus-foto-1-750x500.jpg (69.13 KiB) Viewed 59 times
18713879.jpg
18713879.jpg (82.44 KiB) Viewed 59 times
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Tiger6 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 pm
tomhugill wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:19 pm I had read the newest chargers are doing approximately 100 miles worth of charge in 5 minutes
That is true, but your battery will be so hot from charging at that rate that you would not want to drive the vehicle immediately afterwards if you had any interest in maintaining its life.
I did wonder if heat and battery life span would be an issue.

I can't really talk though im replacing my ancient petrol Volvo with a slightly less ancient diesel one
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Reminds me of time I was struggling to package all the parts of a FEAD system inside the engine bay during my time in the US. After a few weeks of head scratching, one morning I came in to find a note from the Release Engineer to the effect of "well if we can't package the generator and AC under the hood, perhaps we need to think a little further outside the box..." attached to a picture of this monstrosity:
Redneck AC.JPG
Redneck AC.JPG (48.48 KiB) Viewed 46 times
Last edited by Tiger6 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

tomhugill wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 pm I did wonder if heat and battery life span would be an issue.
It is a massive issue for the industry right now. We can cool the battery during discharge because if its working hard, the chances are you are doing sufficient speed to make the heat exchangers in the cooling loop work effciently.
When you are charging rapidly, you need extra cooling capacity somehow while the vehicle is stationary. You can have bigger radiators and more coolant in the circuit, but that all adds extra weight in the vehicle, as well as increases cost and impacts vehicle aerodynamics.

Return to “Off topic”