New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
glenncondor
Recruit

Post by glenncondor »

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and in Sunbury On Thames, Surrey. Been building models since...longer than I care to remember and this year finally moved up to building 1/16th tanks

It seemed only logical (my wife's words!) to then make a move and get an R?C tank.....So, I've just bought a Henglong King Tiger, a tank I particularly am interested in.

Hoping to have some fun with it and grateful for any advice I Amy need from more experienced tankers.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Newbie

Post by Ecam »

Welcome to the forum Glenncondor! I like the H/L King Tiger and have one I'm working on. It is a pretty good model out of the box and does not require as many fixes as their first tank (Tiger I). Look around, post pictures of your tank or ask questions, whatever you decide. We have a Tank of the Month going on right now and voting is still open for a few more days.

Again welcome aboard.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hello, glenncondor! "It seemed only logical (my wife's words!) to then make a move and get an R?C tank." Ooh, now that's what I call a supportive spouse! As Eric says, we welcome questions, share ideas, photos, even videos. Dive in and join the fun!
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Hello and welcome Glencondor, from Argyll and Bute, which is at the opposite end of the UK.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Surrey eh thats where all the rich folk live as SOAG well knows :haha:
You have questions we have answers and one day we might even get them right :lolno:
Enjoy this place and if some thread interests you then please join in,
You might have noticed we have a worldwide membership so lots of varying opinions all worth listening too and yours will be just as valued.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum glenncondor. I have a King Tiger as well, one of the last ones I haven't truly "customized".

Plenty of friendly, helpful people active here. So search and ask questions. Theres several cool King Tiger builds in the archives here too. Be sure to share pics and or vids of your Kingly Kat when you get a chance.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Welcome from Ontario, Canada!
Strike while the iron is hot! If your wife is onboard, she needs a tank, and you'll need another one to drive around while the battery is recharging for the KT. Don't believe that "buy a second battery" solution. Those people are silly.
Mike.
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

ColemanCollector wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:27 pm Don't believe that "buy a second battery" solution. Those people are silly.
Mike.
Ha! He is right we all started with one...
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"[W}e have a worldwide membership so lots of varying opinions all worth listening too and yours will be just as valued." glenncondor, jarndice put that well. It's proved true for me every time I log in.
glenncondor
Recruit

Post by glenncondor »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:48 pm " Ooh, now that's what I call a supportive spouse!
Yep, shes a diamond to be honest, if I said I was going to try and get to the moon, she'd support it!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”