tamiya peterbilt truck

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
the_asylum_wanderer
Recruit

tamiya peterbilt truck

Post by the_asylum_wanderer »

I have an urge that wont go away . you know what its like , you get an idea in your head , and although you know its going to give you lots of frustration , you still want to do it .

I want to convert a Tamiya King hauler to a Peterbit model .

lengthening the chassis doesnt pose to much of a problem , but are they lowered as well ?

Has anyone done anything similar that wants to share thier thoughts ?

All contributions gratefully received  :)
Was die Hölle das war
oztruck
Corporal

Re: tamiya peterbilt truck

Post by oztruck »

I did a couple of Peterbilt's a while ago, one based on the Globe Liner and one based on the King Hauler. But there are many types of Peterbilt's, what type are you thinking of.
Last edited by oztruck on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HL Pershing, HL Bull Dog,HL powered T34/85 IR, HL Tiger 1, HL Pz III, Stug III IR, PzIV, King Tiger, WSN Tiger1 mid IR, T34/85 winter IR, HL Jagpanther IR
the_asylum_wanderer
Recruit

Post by the_asylum_wanderer »

The plan is to lengthen a king hauler chassis , fit a double sleeper , and couple 2 tankers behind it , to this end ive aquired the king hauler , and have now got 2 tanker trailers . lengthening the unit chassis is straightforward , as is a longer drive shaft.
After that i need to build a twin axle bogie , with a 5th wheel on it .

Any thoughts ?
Was die Hölle das war
oztruck
Corporal

Post by oztruck »

HL Pershing, HL Bull Dog,HL powered T34/85 IR, HL Tiger 1, HL Pz III, Stug III IR, PzIV, King Tiger, WSN Tiger1 mid IR, T34/85 winter IR, HL Jagpanther IR
oztruck
Corporal

Post by oztruck »

Over here in OZ we run what is called a "B" double. It is 2 trailers, the first one has a 5th wheel on the end and the other trailer rides on it.

I have built 3 different styles
B double Tanker

B double curtain side

B Double Flat Bed

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”