RAL 8000 Green Brown, the Real stuff!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: RAL 8000 Green Brown, the Real stuff!

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ive used both methods for welds. For me its all about the volume of weld required, the base material, and the access to them to put in.
As long as it works, and the welds are in, thats the main thing ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
John Glover
Lance Corporal

Post by John Glover »

Hi Guys ,I use a green stuff two part epoxy .There are different brands on the market. What I like about it is you have more control than milliput by far. A lot better detail available and you may remove so much more easily if you do you don't like what you have created. A lot of builders have huge welds on their tanks which is a shame as these are not meant to stand out but just add to the real effect. A lot of these are are using poor material to create these from ,wrong tools and and to rushed as it is a long job. They can be along time to create but cheap for the result you get. My Tamiya KT build welds came out pretty good and I used tooth picks to create 90% of the welds . Don't have to spend a lot of money, just time and refer to a real tank for its weld detail. John.
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya King Tiger [Porsche turret]
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya Panther
HL/Taigen Stug 111
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Is this it (photo from Scamazon)?

Green Stuff.jpg
Green Stuff.jpg (110.14 KiB) Viewed 240 times
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

John Glover wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:25 am Don't have to spend a lot of money, just time and refer to a real tank for its weld detail. John.
Exactly.

I've seen lots of comments on modeling forums and groups about weld details. I found good pictures and try to emulate what I see. I'm still a novice to the modeling, painting and finishing in this hobby especially around here, but I study and practice the best I can.

I remember seeing someone commenting that weld seams were never raised from joining plates and were always flush or below. I saw this pic of 131's turret and took note. Of course obnoxiously raised welds are a different topic.

One of my favorite erroneous comments is that German armor was smooth and had no texture.

And then of course theres the topic of what the track and tow cables colors are and look like... Ohhh we could go on and on...
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Wow! Bend me a Tiger turret or two, won'tcha? Where did you find that great factory photo? Or did you forgeget where you found the picture?
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:53 pm Wow! Bend me a Tiger turret or two, won'tcha? Where did you find that great factory photo? Or did you forgeget where you found the picture?
I have collected sooo many reference and period pics even before I started the RC tanks and modeling.

Note the fan cover installed on the front of the Tiger hull before anything else. Ironic since it's missing from both Heng Long and Taigen and so many other iterations and examples.

Sooooo Many Wheels!!! And that's in the factory... What could go wrong in the field?...

The importance of the turret lifting lugs.

The bending/hammering Tiger Turret pic is widely shared online in Armor and Tiger fan groups. I forgot which group I borrowed that one from but I've seen it posted up at least 3 times in the past year on Facebook groups.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

I know I have seen the photo of the turret lifted by the overhead crane; the factory photos are not familiar to me, but, then, I have even more books on the Tiger I than I have Taigen Tiger Is. Oy Vey!
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Post by Panzermechaniker »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:39 pm I know I have seen the photo of the turret lifted by the overhead crane; the factory photos are not familiar to me, but, then, I have even more books on the Tiger I than I have Taigen Tiger Is. Oy Vey!
I'm intrigued now. How many Taigen Tiger 1's do you have? I thought I was bad with a Tamiya, 2 Taigens and a Taigen Tiger 1 I turned into a Sturmtiger :haha: I think it's very appropriate the site chose a Tiger for my avatar
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Ahem, Panzermechaniker, I checked--all Taigen Tiger I (no HengLong). :O :/

Tiger I "early" in weathered gray
Tiger I "early" in camouflage
Tiger I "mid" in camouflage
Tiger I "mid" in winter white/black camouflage
Tiger I "late" in dark yellow
Tiger I "late" in camouflage

and one Tamiya Tiger I static kit, unbuilt
I'm not counting the Jagdtiger 8O :crazy:
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Post by Panzermechaniker »

:thumbup: They are addictive. That's impressive. I've basically run out of room for more (they have their own room but I'm not letting them spread from there). Well maybe one more Tiger 1. :haha: :haha:

Return to “General Discussion”