April 2024 TOTM chat thread.

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: April 2024 TOTM chat thread.

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Defeatism!!

Anyone that enters something that they are proud of and despite not getting the Laurel Wreath at the close of voting, are still waaaaaay ahead of those that dont enter the race.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
SteamBoatWillie
Recruit

Post by SteamBoatWillie »

Meter rat wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:43 am
Panzermechaniker wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:44 pm Perfect examples of why you will only ever see my stuff on the Show Off thread :haha:
With imcq11 joining in, this is the perfect example of why I want to remove mine. I have more chance of platting snot, and knitting fog. No chance with my simple exploits.
What you have to remember is that this is voted on by the membership and modelling excellence is only a part of the overall entry. Anything eye catching might collect more votes than pure modelling standards might dictate, which could be originality of the subject, composition, humour etc..etc.. At the end of the day it is what the membership like not necessarily which has been more perfectly built.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

May the best person win. I am joking about withdrawing. I am doing it for the pleasure of it. But I feel like the fat, grey haired, old git, skiing, coming up against Marco Odermatt.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Meter rat wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:22 am May the best person win. I am joking about withdrawing. I am doing it for the pleasure of it. But I feel like the fat, grey haired, old git, skiing, coming up against Marco Odermatt.
I'm so glad to hear that, because your earlier negative vibes were making me feel like driving up to Scotland to force feed you Jellied Eels. . . .

I would have thought more like Eddie The Eagle, no matter how strong the opposition, you'll still enter for the hell/fun of it ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Meter rat wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:22 am May the best person win. I am joking about withdrawing. I am doing it for the pleasure of it. But I feel like the fat, grey haired, old git, skiing, coming up against Marco Odermatt.
Wait! You can ski?
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Meter rat wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:35 am With imcq11 joining in, this is the perfect example of why I want to remove mine. I have more chance of platting snot, and knitting fog. No chance with my simple exploits.
I was being self deprecating.
Son of a gun-ner wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:31 am
I'm so glad to hear that, because your earlier negative vibes were making me feel like driving up to Scotland to force feed you Jellied Eels. . . .
It would have been unfair on you to drive up here. I would have gotten out the Haggis, and tripe.
Ecam wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:49 am Wait! You can ski?
My skiing is like my modelling. Incompetent!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Just an update on this TOTM, we are now down to around 12 hours of submission time remaining.

Oh, and Mr Meter Rat. Your modelling skills are absolutely fantastic, it's your quoting in posts skills that let you down ;)
Although, I've just removed the latest evidence of that ;)

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

I didn't want to cause controversy. I actually entered the Bradley in the contest out of pity for this vehicle who is usually maligned as a modern vehicle and drawing little interest against WW2 subjects.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

lmcq11 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:02 pm I didn't want to cause controversy. I actually entered the Bradley in the contest out of pity for this vehicle who is usually maligned as a modern vehicle and drawing little interest against WW2 subjects.
Louis, never take light hearted banter about your modelling to heart, wear it like badge of honour.

And, yes, we'd all like a model like your Bradley to take pity on. . . .

Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:13 pm
lmcq11 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:02 pm I didn't want to cause controversy. I actually entered the Bradley in the contest out of pity for this vehicle who is usually maligned as a modern vehicle and drawing little interest against WW2 subjects.
Louis, never take light hearted banter about your modelling to heart, wear it like badge of honour.

And, yes, we'd all like a model like your Bradley to take pity on. . . .
Agreed! Your work is inspiring to many of us and we are glad for your submission! It is only a Bradley however.... :D
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric

Return to “Tank of the Month”