Tamiya panzer iv

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
tomhugill
Captain

Tamiya panzer iv

Post by tomhugill »

Something a bit different, I guess because it's not a big cat it hasn't arrived bedraggled and in bits!

Saw this just as it was listed in eBay. Seller didn't list a manufacturer and was listed as untested but RC.

Definitely a tamiya but could it be the motorised? Think I can see some of the tell tails of RC but still a bit of a gamble, worst case I've a set of impact panzer IV gears, a speaker and other tamiya gubbins to RC it.

Happily a full option panzer IV greeted me after unwrapping the excellent packaging.

It looks like it's never been run in anger, gearboxes are pristine and not a scratch on the tracks. It's been obviously built with love and care. The atak zim has been very well applied and it's been neatly painted in tamiya dark yellow. I'm not sure on the provenance of the side skirts but they're nicely detailed and strong. Theyre plastic but feel like something off one of the trumpeter statics rather than a 3rd party affair.

It run pretty much as it should and all the functions work. The gearboxes are quite noisy so I think the backlash needs looking at for maximum quietness but that's a small thing.

As to my plans for it, I'll probably add some photo etch detail, crew, proper antenna etc and give it a proper camo and weathering job.

My first tamiya panzer IV in 15 years of the hobby and I think I bagged a good un.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

phpBB [video]

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by tomhugill on Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
john1970
Corporal

Re: Tamiya panzer iv

Post by john1970 »

Saw that on ebay good bargain
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I might hang on & do some PzIV learning from this one ;)
good score
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I might hang on & do some PzIV learning from this one ;)
good score
I should be learning from you Herman!

Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Post by Panzermechaniker »

What a score and especially at that price. My PZIV has loud gearboxes too compared to my other Tamiyas but no issues. I only run it outside so the sound is at 90% which drowns it out. Only thing I had to do with mine is put stops on the suspension springs to stop them slipping out at full travel at the field. It's a great little tank for driving and I haven't experienced the uneven wear on the wheel issue so far and it gets run a lot
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Great find :)
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Did all the Tamiya PzKfw. IV come with Schürzen? What a find!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

None of them came with skirts.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Did all the Tamiya PzKfw. IV come with Schürzen? What a find!
They came with turret schurzen but not hull ones

MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Excellent find Mr. tomhugill.

I've always wondered if anyone has modeled the mesh screen schurzen?
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Return to “Tamiya Builds”