Taigen Tiger 1 Late

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Taigen Tiger 1 Late

Post by Panzermechaniker »

This one is so far from complete that I might I re-do it as it was a quick build from parts I had from a cannibalized old late Tiger and then a total lower hull wheels.gearboxes etc. from Forgebear. I took it out to the field to see what the new camo looked like and thought I'd post a few shots. It has to have all it's internals done as it is stock Taigen right now and i don't want to put a bunch of stuff that will be knocked off during that so I'll just use this as a start of a thread right now
11 front.jpg
11 front.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 227 times
tai 11 side.jpg
tai 11 side.jpg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 227 times
tai  2.jpg
tai 2.jpg (2.54 MiB) Viewed 227 times
Tai fire.jpg
Tai fire.jpg (2.9 MiB) Viewed 227 times
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Taigen Tiger 1 Late

Post by MrChef »

Ya dunn good Panzermech. :thumbup: She looks like a serious Tigger.

I do like the camo. What paint brand and colors did you use? And how did you apply it? Looking good sir.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Oh it's just Tamiya spray bombs. Like you with your amazing winter whitewash technique that doesn't involve hairspray etc I as a fellow spray bomber can go into it on PM as i doubt any of the normal folk who airbrush would want to know the idiocy and time spent to try to emulate a cheap airbrush we go to but it's also satisfying. How I do it is with the usual red oxide Tamiya primer and then a very light coat of white and another very light coat of dunkelgelb and then a very very light coat of red brown or field green or both depending on model. I then mark out the areas of red brown with camo putty and finish off with TS-3. Many washes and then at least 5 coats of Testors Dullcote. I might be looking at doing my ultimate Tiger. The one that got me into this hobby in the first place and it's a filthy 502 winter 42 one and I will be messaging you on your none hairspray whitewash technique all through it. It will probably be my last build. I want to do it right
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Definitely don't sell yourself short on your paintwork sir I'm impressed. Proof that better than just good results can be had with the rattle can :thumbup:

Now about that jack and the mounts on the rear there. What's the story with that? is that some uber silly expansive jack with mounts or a diy or other? I'm still working on finalizing my jack mounts for 822 and planning for S13.

And what's this silliness about a "last build"?

:D
Last edited by MrChef on Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

I think we all hope we can make Jarndice happy on the jack. Kidding aside I appreciate his pointing out the various things about the jack on others build and of the 3 I did this winter this is the worst and it's totally naked. One thing I have learned with the Taigen jack is if you go in from the bottom and drill using an appropriately sized bit and then fit the right size tiny tube or rod you will actually get a functioning moving jack handle that makes moving it into position up against the hull to make my crappy scrap piece brass holder imitation of what true modelers do easy :D
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Whoa! Panzermechaniker: you do quite well with spray bombs. Yes, I have an airbrush, had a number for the past 50 years. But I have resorted to spray paints, too. Remember, some superb modelers actually only brush on paints. Of course, they are clever and coordinated... :haha:

Return to “Show Off”