Heng Long T90

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
zooma
Lance Corporal

Re: Heng Long T90.

Post by zooma »

Raminator wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:54 am
zooma wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:36 pmI am also guessing that if the Russian T90 tanks were actually painted in this scheme, then it would be reasonable to assume that some of them could have been sold to the Ukrainian Army in the same colours.....and would be the inspiration for Heng Long to produce this Ukrainian version of it ?
T-90s were never sold to Ukraine, the handful they have in active service are captured Russian ones. Ukraine inherited a large number of tanks following the dissolution of the Soviet Union, and didn't have the need (or budget) to buy more modern Russian designs. The Malyshev plant (which produced T-64s and T-80s for the Soviet army) is in Kharkiv; the increase in Ukrainian defence spending between the annexation of Crimea in 2014 and the full-scale invasion in 2022 was directed at modernising those designs, like the T-64BV and T-84.
Thanks for the info Raminator..

I would guess that any captured Russian T90 tanks would be in an all over green colour and that they are probably looking a bit 'worse for wear" by now and that the camouflage scheme supplied on the Heng Long T90 would not have been used in the Ukrainian "operation".

....... but maybe the Russians used whatever they had available and weren't too bothered about repainting any of them (?) so if this camouflage scheme actually existed (other than on the gymkhana tank) perhaps some could have been involved?

Although the decals supplied are for a "promotional" tank, I hope that the camouflage scheme is authentic as it would make a nice change to all my green tanks.

Bob.
Last edited by zooma on Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never too old to learn........
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Heng Long T90 Ukrainian Issue

Post by tankme »

I think technically the T80 is a more advanced tank than the T90. It's a different branch. The T90 is a direct descendant of the T72, but the T80 isn't. From what I remember the T80 was cancelled in favor of the T90 as the T90 was cheaper and easier to maintain than the T80. The plant that made T80s was in Ukraine when Ukraine broke away from the USSR which is why the T80 was still produced in Ukraine. There are tons of different camo patterns for T72 tanks, but I don't think I've done much research into the T90 patterns...yet.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
zooma
Lance Corporal

Heng Long T90 Battery fit.

Post by zooma »

The wires on the Li-ion battery that came with my T90 were a bit too long and they made a tight fit inside the small battery space under the tank.

The XT60 plug socket that came on the battery was also a VERY tight fit on the XT60 plug on the tank, so with the tight fitting plug and the over-long wires they combined to make battery changing more hassle than it should be.

I bought a spare Li-ion battery from HAYA as the T90 only takes a small size battery and so I wanted a spare, but it came with even longer leads .....and had a Tamiya plug fitted!

Both batteries have now had their wires shortened and both have new XT60 plug sockets fitted, and happily the batteries now fit inside the T90 much better and the new XT60 sockets also fit the tanks XT60 plug much better too.
Never too old to learn........

Return to “Modern Tanks”