Tamiya leopard rescue

tomhugill
Captain

Tamiya leopard rescue

Post by tomhugill »

I had another bedraggled cat arrived on my doorstep yesterday. Took this one in trade for a tiger. It's suffered a bit in shipping, the seller or a previous owners tried to repair a suspension arm with super glue but that's broken either in transit or before. Happily a lot of the bits that are more difficult to get like the smoke launchers and the stowage baskets look in ok condition.

I now need to dive into my spares to see if I still have replacement suspension arms, although I have a terrible feeling I've given them away.

If funds allow I'll probably upgrade to metal arms and upgraded the tensioner. Imo the only really required upgrade to this model. (And even then the plastic suspension arms usually give a good few years service before failing).

I'm not sure how I'll go cosmetically. I'd love to do another A4 and have all the Ludwig stuff to do it but I'm not sure I have the time for something that involved. We will see!

For now have some pictures of how she arrived. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Return to “Modern Builds”