Revived an ol' Tauchpanzer

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Revived an ol' Tauchpanzer

Post by jarndice »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:44 am Thanks to all of you who so kindly responded. The rather stock. but schmutziges Tauchpanzer is actually sitting on the edge of a low stone retaining wall that immediately abuts a low porch. I did not even need to get off the porch to take the photos.

(Yes, I live in a woodland in what is known as the Kettle-Moraine area of southern Wisconsin, with steep glacial hillsides. My lot is just under one acre, mostly old oak trees with junky new growth, what is called a "young forest." Thirty-three years ago, with the guidance of a master builder, my late wife and I were active in building our twelve-sided, timber framed house. She helped me clear away the few trees we took down to suit the footprint of the house, snugged among the trees. I was the general contractor, grunt, and painter. Of course, we both paid and paid and paid. The whole experience was quite rewarding and completely exhausting. I could never do it again. Nonetheless, this house is a work of art built on a loving relationship, lots of sweat, and even some blood.)
12 sided? A mini pentagon :haha:
I don't think there is a planning officer in the whole of the UK who would give planning permission for such a house :/ (Mores the pity)
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

A most unusual home, it is essentially an octagon; however, three of the sides are pushed out to enlarge the living room. It is not big, has only three rooms, but the enlarged part and 24 windows looking out into the woodland make it seem larger.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

You appear to live in a beautiful place. Tank’s not bad either.
I had a friend who wanted to build a house out of earth rammed into old tyres. Not in the UK. France was like, ok, but if it goes wrong don’t blame us. Planning, and history are not good bedfellows either.

Return to “Show Off”