An assortment of stowage parts?

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
Aurelius
Private

An assortment of stowage parts?

Post by Aurelius »

My small son and I would like to purchase a few bedrolls, a few backpacks, a few gas cans, etc .... for our Abrams tank but we want to purchase everything as a kit. At most online retailers, I see folks selling say ten gas cans for $45 and twelve bedrolls for $50, ... but I don't need that many. Is there anywhere I can go to buy a modern tank "stowage kit" with about two bedrolls, one trunk, two backpacks, etc ... for like $40? (We prefer plastic or resin to metal if we can get it.)
One of the best ways to appreciate the beauty of the Universe is learn the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ... mathematics.
Gas hog
Recruit

Re: An assortment of stowage parts?

Post by Gas hog »

Have a look at Forgebear tanks , he may have what you need. https://www.forgebeartanks.com/
Aurelius
Private

Post by Aurelius »

I have heard of them before and will check it out Gas Hog!
One of the best ways to appreciate the beauty of the Universe is learn the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ... mathematics.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

At so price...well... As to possibilities: here in the US I know of at least two potential sources. Don't let the "sherman" in the East Coast Armory URL mislead you: there is much more there visible as one scrolls down:

https://www.eastcoastarmory.com/sherman_16.htm

Battleground Models is one of my favorite sellers. I did not search for modern goodies, but he has much much to sell.

https://www.battlegroundmodels.com/

I also check Value Gear, but did not see any contemporary equipment, etc. I thought there was some.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

If you want really nice stuff and have the cash, Andy Meyers from "Special Ops Models" makes some very nice modern stuff for the Abrams. He can be found on FB and a bunch of different websites carry his stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615986 ... 1709213006
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Aurelius
Private

Post by Aurelius »

Thanks for the links guys. Will be checking out all the items over the next few days. I looked briefly at the East Coast Armory stuff but wholly cow! .... $35 for one tiny rear phone box for the Abrams. Is he running that 3D printer on diamond dust and platinum substrate?
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Aurelius wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:14 pm Thanks for the links guys. Will be checking out all the items over the next few days. I looked briefly at the East Coast Armory stuff but wholly cow! .... $35 for one tiny rear phone box for the Abrams. Is he running that 3D printer on diamond dust and platinum substrate?
John from East Coast Armory uses a 3rd party printing company to print his prints. Then they ship them to him, he does a QA of the item, and then he sends it out. So in that model he is paying for the shipping to himself and you pay additional shipping to get the item to you. That does tend to inflate the price somewhat. John does none of the production 3D printing. I think he has the ability to print a prototype, but his bread and butter was hand sculpted parts he cast himself. Casting parts is transitioning into 3D printing for his business. He likes to design parts when he needs them for a build, but he will design stuff on request.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

The Facebook URL cited above came up dead for me. I know I have a few Special Ops goodies somewhere, as the Igloo cooler was instantly familiar from my first M1 build, given away long ago. I came up with this URL from ScaleMates: https://www.scalemates.com/brands/speci ... odels--892
A quick search here on RCTW using the search box upper right with the term "Special Ops" gave me lots of hits. Then, too, a quick search on eBay yielded quite a bit, too.
Aurelius
Private

Post by Aurelius »

Just a note Gents, ... I did finally purchase a few items. Some from a guy in England that does high-end 3D printing and some from Andy at Special Ops Mods. I may consider John down the road from ECA but for now, his parts are too rich for my blood. If I purchased everything he was selling for the Abrams, I'd have over $500 invested when the original price of my son's Abrams was only ~ $245. :lolno:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Ah, Aureliaus, this is the way of the Dudeye. For example: when we started the Winter group build, we agreed that no one need go into hock trying to outdo others, but that every modest build will be supported. I was especially relieved, feeling that I could do my T26E3 economically. First there were the books from Doyle and Damazon. Well then, there was the Toucan order for metal road wheels, suspension, and idler...then the Axel's order for Schumo parts (with other goodies tucked in)...and just last night another order went out for more detail parts... So it goes. Some of us :{ lack self control (and food in the cabinets). :/

Return to “Modern Tanks”