Metal Suspension Arms for TAMIYA Leopard 2A6

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Metal Suspension Arms for TAMIYA Leopard 2A6

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Which lead to this page. A form to fill in.
Translation below.
Screenshot_20240215-131514.png
Screenshot_20240215-131514.png (262.28 KiB) Viewed 353 times
Screenshot_20240215-131459.png
Screenshot_20240215-131459.png (273.8 KiB) Viewed 353 times
Further down the page is another form to fill in.
Yep, translation below.
Screenshot_20240215-131525.png
Screenshot_20240215-131525.png (306.21 KiB) Viewed 353 times
Screenshot_20240215-140245.png
Screenshot_20240215-140245.png (291.79 KiB) Viewed 353 times
The two drop downs for country in both forms, they list us as Great Britain, even though it is translated in brackets as UK, therefore you'll find us alphabetically under G
Attachments
Screenshot_20240215-140457.png
Screenshot_20240215-140457.png (241.39 KiB) Viewed 348 times
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Then at the bottom of the page is this, which states, "On to the summary"
Attachments
Screenshot_20240215-142005.jpg
Screenshot_20240215-142005.jpg (118.74 KiB) Viewed 345 times

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
zooma
Lance Corporal

Post by zooma »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:19 pm Let me know which payment method you chose
I think I will go for PayPal this time as it will automatically add the correct delivery address for me.

........one less thing to worry about!
Never too old to learn........
zooma
Lance Corporal

Post by zooma »

I think have placed an order with AFV for a set of metal suspension arms to fit my Tamiya Leopard 2A6.

Thanks for your help Son of a gun-ner . Your guidance got me through to the payment stage and some random clicking of buttons following that gave me the page to add my name and address ....and further stumbling found the agreement to terms and completing the payment via PayPal.

It is unusual for a German online seller not to have any English translation links as most are keen to win as much business as possible by making it as easy as possible to buy from them.
Last edited by zooma on Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Next time give me a shout. I speak spanish, english and german, but my german is not as good as some of the german forum members we have here.
zooma wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:13 pm It is unusual for a German online seller not to have any English translation links as most are keen to win as much business as possible by making it as easy as possible to buy form them.
My experience is the opposite. Many times when I try to order something from Germany I find they dont post outside Germany, not even to a close country like where I live, Austria, where there is no paper work, customs or anything that makes it harder than usual.

I think they have some sort of strange laws or something like that, but I never found the real answer of why they dont ship outside. Heck, many times they dont even reply at any message. It is very frustrating and I have only found this in Germany. Why can I order items from every corner of the world, including not only Europe, but south america, middle east, asia or the USA and not from Germany, is something that goes beyond all my understanding. Getting the required items makes me ask for a friend's help, and paying double shipping, of course, and I dont want to do neither.

I dont want to offend any of our german friends/user here, it just relates years and years of my experience. For naming one seller that wont ship outside, Seidl Modellbau, but there are also loads of side sellers in Amazon.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

zooma wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:13 pm I think have placed an order with AFV for a set of metal suspension arms to fit my Tamiya Leopard 2A6.

Thanks for your help Son of a gun-ner . Your guidance got me through to the payment stage and some random clicking of buttons following that gave me the page to add my name and address ....and further stumbling found the agreement to terms and completing the payment via PayPal.

It is unusual for a German online seller not to have any English translation links as most are keen to win as much business as possible by making it as easy as possible to buy form them.
No worries. It was a shame you disappeared yesterday, I had more time during the day than today, then I could have helped a bit with further pages.
Well, fingers crossed everything works out for you :thumbup:

zooma
Lance Corporal

Post by zooma »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:53 pm No worries. It was a shame you disappeared yesterday, I had more time during the day than today, then I could have helped a bit with further pages.
Well, fingers crossed everything works out for you :thumbup:
Sorry Son of a gun-ner

I had to get down to open-up the club hall yesterday and is why I had to leave when I did, but your efforts really did help to "crack the code" - enough for me to be able to place my order when I got back from the club later that night.

Many thanks!

Bob.
Last edited by zooma on Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

No need to apologised, all's good. Just glad I could help :thumbup:

zooma
Lance Corporal

Post by zooma »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:35 pm No need to apologised, all's good. Just glad I could help :thumbup:
I got a reply in ENGLISH later in the day to advise that my new order with AFV had been despatched!

Nice fast service - if only they added an English translator to their website I am sure they would be really good to buy from.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

zooma wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:03 pm
Son of a gun-ner wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:35 pm No need to apologised, all's good. Just glad I could help :thumbup:
I got a reply in ENGLISH later in the day to advise that my new order with AFV had been despatched!

Nice fast service - if only they added an English translator to their website I am sure they would be really good to buy from.
My device gives me the option to translate anything written in any other language except Elvish, Klingon or American.

Well, that's good news about their service. And thanks for keeping us posted :thumbup:

Return to “Modern Tanks”