Stuart Restoration

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
airmancurran1
Lance Corporal

Re: Stuart Restoration

Post by airmancurran1 »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:23 am
tankme wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:38 am Texas isn't anywhere close to NY...lol
Sheeet , Its closer than I am !! :problem:
That's because you're a " Faiah Dinkum" Aussie Mate, from Dahown Undah! :P
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

It’s a moderate to long term plan to pick up a couple of these, and do one of them as a Japanese or Hungarian operated example (both used them in combat.) Boudicca loves these things, so one of them would have to be refit as a Honey somehow. I’m sorry somebody gave you a hard time when you were searching for help!
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

airmancurran1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:02 pm
HERMAN BIX wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:23 am
tankme wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:38 am Texas isn't anywhere close to NY...lol
Sheeet , Its closer than I am !! :problem:
That's because you're a " Faiah Dinkum" Aussie Mate, from Dahown Undah! :P
ooOOOHHHHHH :lolno: nice accent mate but Im a Kiwi living in Aussie, and YES, they really doooo sound like the way you've written it !!!
The Aussies have a myriad of versions of what we sound like to them though :/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

My wife and I watched all 12 seasons of Blue Heelers--interesting range of accents.
Oi mate, my shout and then off in the 'ute before some mongrel gets me a bluey over that burg at the meat pie takeaway over on the Widgery Road!

Now that I've judged an entire country based on a tv series, everybody can watch "The Beachcombers" for an accurate impression of Canada! :haha: :haha: 8O
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

I think we all live in, are from or have a region that is made fun of or stereotyped, mimicked or mocked by another (or many) group(s). That is one of the reasons I have never posted in another hobby forum, I really enjoy the ribbing that goes on here at times (other than the weird food choices of some). We are a global forum that makes the world seem a bit smaller while sharing a common interest.

Oh yeah, I watched an episode of Croc Hunter years ago, so I feel I'm and expert on the Aussie accent.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Generally, stereotypes and jokes are fun for people who have not had serious :poop: dumped on them all their lives. What I have missed all my career and still miss are "professor" jokes. There seem to be few of them.
Hey, was this a thread about the the old RC Stuart? Yeah, it's back there somewhere. :haha:
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

How many Professors does it take to change a light bulb?

Three dudes walk into a bar, a grad student a hippie and a College Professor......
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

A committee of students, faculty, and administrators will take a whole semester to decide to change the light bulb. The state legislature will take away the funding.

Or: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/faculty- ... lakrishnan
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

ColemanCollector wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:01 pm My wife and I watched all 12 seasons of Blue Heelers--interesting range of accents.
Oi mate, my shout and then off in the 'ute before some mongrel gets me a bluey over that burg at the meat pie takeaway over on the Widgery Road!

Now that I've judged an entire country based on a tv series, everybody can watch "The Beachcombers" for an accurate impression of Canada! :haha: :haha: 8O
Ohhhh you guys are missing one pf my favorite shows from down under Mr. Inbetween. Scott Ryan is awesome :thumbup:

Stuart tank restoration,,, Right. Sorry I got nuttin... Too domestic for me.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Mr In Between is a great show
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Builds”