splitting track

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: splitting track

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Magnificent discovery :clap: :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Great catch on a cool and useful tool. I'll keep watching this for updates before I order one. I have used a block of wood with small holes drilled in it. I center the exit side of the pin over one of the holes and use a old pin or similar stiff wire and punch the pin into the cavity. Once the knurl is through the pin usually comes out by hand. Assembly is a small hammer on that same block of wood. I have rarely had a breakage, (mostly HL Sherman tracks) perhaps 5 links in about 12 pairs of tracks.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

I've contacted the seller and asked for an exchange if he handles it well he'll be opening up a whole new market for himself and his Big Belt Link Tank Track Pin Remover Tool, I'll report back how that goes.
[/quote]

He'll mark them up about 15x cuz they are for rc tanks now after all! Call them Tameeya and go for 20x...
Ziptar
Recruit

Post by Ziptar »

Maybe, if we were to tell the seller why we are buying them. 😉

My feedback should the exchange work out would be "Best good watch pin tool!"
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Genius find thanks for sharing Ziptar. I actually remember someone talking about this or type of tool for our application awhile ago I don't remember where..
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

On E-Bay in the UK for £17.28 Freepost.under the title --Watches Link Remover Jumbo X1 Repair Tool.
Manchester based company.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Yowza! Yowza! Yowza! That's a direct hit on a tool I can use and for which I have begged. I've ordered two already.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

My track pin remover came today, Instead of the promised two pins it came with four, 2 of each size :thumbup:
Laid a Haya Centurion track across the machine, Lined up a track pin and turned the knurled knob, lo and behold the pin slid out and just as easily it went back in with the same ease.
Worth every penny,
Buy one you won't regret it :clap: :clap:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

ColemanCollector wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:27 am I'm surprised that a gizmo like they use to remove watchband pins hasn't been sized up to take tracks links.
Million dollar idea! Or maybe not...

Mike.
I told ya it was gonna make somebody rich...well, at least able to buy a bag of chips... but they'd be the good ones.

Mike.
Ziptar
Recruit

Post by Ziptar »

That's excellent jarndice!

EDIT: Received my replacement tool today. Threads are all there, no voids, it's perfect!

Return to “General Questions”