Heng Long Tank Mods and Fixes, ... especially those for the M1A2 Abrams

Fixes and mods for the HL M1A2 Abrams
Aurelius
Private

Re: Items that new Abrams owners will want to upgrade or fix first

Post by Aurelius »

Tankme, I considered doing just that but then sometimes I come across an excellent post but all the pics are blank because the hosting site shut down or the pics got deleted, etc .... If RCTW hosts the pics, then hopefully, as long as this site is up, the pics will be there on their server(s).
One of the best ways to appreciate the beauty of the Universe is learn the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ... mathematics.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

That does happen. Don't think it can be avoided here.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Aurelius.
Don’t forget drive axel support bearings.
Aurelius
Private

Post by Aurelius »

Roger that!
One of the best ways to appreciate the beauty of the Universe is learn the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ... mathematics.
Aurelius
Private

Post by Aurelius »

A forum member ask me if I might write up a mods and fixes section for other tanks as well. I am a bit hesitant because I only have personal experience with the Abrams. Of course many of the mods and fixes I posted will work with say, the Challenger or Leopard tanks, I would feel pretty bad if I tried to post good info only to get slammed by Challenger-owning-Brits who told me I didn't know my ass from a hole-in-the-ground (which would be true). That said, I give free permission to others to take my mods and tips that are applicable to other tanks and post their own Mods thread. Anything in the first ten posts of this thread can be used freely and/or modified in any way, and even better, ya don't need to ask me or list me as the author. Have at it!
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Aurelius, You're really knocking it out of the park here.

Absolutely awesome contribution to the forum Sir. I know what it takes to put together and share an informative, picture and example filled post. It is not only daunting at times but takes dedication because it can be so time consuming. I completely understand the frustration of yes looking and finding helpful older posts that do explain different mods and fixes and such but also missing important accompanying pictures or illustrations.

You're getting an A+ from me sir. Keep it up.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Aurelius
Private

Post by Aurelius »

Thanks for the support MrChef! It has taken us (my son and I) more than a month now of reading various forums and sites to accumulate the information we have on the Abrams. I created this thread with Son-of-a-guner's permission so that hopefully, if some future dad googles, "Heng Long Abrams mods," perhaps this thread will pop up and help him :D May also be useful to the adults who just like the hobby of owning RC tanks.

Also, if you or any other veterans see anything that is in error or have good suggestions, please, ... let 'em rip!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"some future dad...adults who just like the hobby" or Herr Dr. Professor who has another Abrams in waiting.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Aurelius, I love the work you put into this thread (great work). I only wish it read "Heng Long Mods, including the Abrams". So much of what you've shown applies to nearly any HL as well as Torro, Taigen, Mato and other tanks too. Thank you for putting in the effort.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Aurelius
Private

Re: Heng Long Tank Mods and Fixes, ... especially those for the M1A2 Abrams

Post by Aurelius »

Good suggestion, ... I just changed it. Now perhaps it will pop up in more Google searches.

Return to “HL M1A2 Abrams”