TORRO M16 Halftrack

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
RKRC
Private

Re: TORRO M16 Halftrack

Post by RKRC »

Tiger6 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:56 am
RobW wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:43 am Technical question, how do I get the guns etc out of the back? I've not had a look recently, but remember not seeing any screws etc.
I'll bring one in pieces to the next club meeting - it's not an easy process and the wiring to the 50 Cal's is just enamelled wire that breaks real easy.
Could you perhaps be persuaded to post some pictures of it??
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

At one point I had a full teardown post on a forum somewhere out there on the interwebs, but the 'Great Photobucket ransom scheme' put paid to the pictures.

I'll see what we can do...
RobW

Post by RobW »

Thanks. I can always take pics of mine once I have somewhere to work - hopefully this year....
RKRC
Private

Post by RKRC »

It would be great to have pictures for when you end up having to take it apart yourself
RKRC
Private

Post by RKRC »

Got a little more done yesterday, not much just a little weathering and some scala stuff.
Ratrace
Recruit

Post by Ratrace »

Verrrrrrrry nice.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

RKRC, I, too, find your work on this M16 to be a fine improvement. As I was looking at the photos, I noticed that the driver's facial features suggest African-American heritage, although his skin is a bit too light. (That wouldn't surprise me, as my 1/18 "Red Tails" P51 Mustang came with a pilot painted as a white man. Sheesh! I fixed that fast.) I wonder if any African-American WWII soldiers got to drive M16s. I should have a book to dig about in. Now let's see... where was that book...?
Then, too, I remember the passenger who came with the Torro M16: his face and gesture make him look as if he is yakking away, driving the driver nuts! :haha:
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:23 pm RKRC, I, too, find your work on this M16 to be a fine improvement. As I was looking at the photos, I noticed that the driver's facial features suggest African-American heritage, although his skin is a bit too light. (That wouldn't surprise me, as my 1/18 "Red Tails" P51 Mustang came with a pilot painted as a white man. Sheesh! I fixed that fast.) I wonder if any African-American WWII soldiers got to drive M16s. I should have a book to dig about in. Now let's see... where was that book...?
Then, too, I remember the passenger who came with the Torro M16: his face and gesture make him look as if he is yakking away, driving the driver nuts! :haha:
I always took them to be highly racist depictions of buck toothed, slack jawed hick's from the sticks... 8O
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hmm... I see your point, Tiger6. My ignorance and sense of humor (and experience with my family :haha: ) led me to put a better construction on the driver and passenger.
RKRC
Private

Post by RKRC »

He looks darker in the pictures than he is, but must be guilty of answering whether there was such a driver on the M16....
I also have his codriver but plan to use him for another project😁

Return to “Other Builds”