TORRO M16 Halftrack

Up to the end of WWII.
RKRC
Private

TORRO M16 Halftrack

Post by RKRC »

My first build thread.
Had 5-6 years ago the first model of it in 27mhz but unfortunately it quickly broke and since then I have wanted to try one again.
Now that I saw that it has been reissued in 2.4ghz and with access to parts and the possibility of 3d printing, I just had to have one again.

The first thing I have started is to open up the front armor plates so it looks like 99.8% of them drove around during ww2

It seems quite normal to start by cutting a new car that has not driven more than 2 meters on the tablet.
Last edited by RKRC on Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: TORRO M16 Halftruck

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

After looking at your Sherman, I'm expecting good things to happen to your half track.

I have two of the old 27mhz versions, I found them really horrible to control :thumbdown: Especially with steering on the left stick, with forward and reverse on the right stick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
RKRC
Private

Re: TORRO M16 Halftruck

Post by RKRC »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:55 pm After looking at your Sherman, I'm expecting good things to happen to your half track.

I have two of the old 27mhz versions, I found them really horrible to control :thumbdown: Especially with steering on the left stick, with forward and reverse on the right stick.
Judging by the few meters back and forth on the table, unfortunately it seems that this is still a problem they have....
I'll have to see if I can live up to that.... Wasn't planning on going completely crazy but let's see.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: TORRO M16 Halftrack

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I'm watching and cheering for you, RKRC! I've had one for years, and I don't even remember if it's 27 MHz or 2.4 GHz. Regardless, as to consistent driving configuration for transmitters, :lolno: I must have six or more different driving configurations among my AFVs, and I just consider getting them straight a means of combating dementia. :D
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Sadly these things are still being let down by shockingly bad electronics, tho admittedly the 2.4GHz editions atleast have a decent transmitter range when compared with the original 27MHz version.

Unfortunately the only way to get a decent control system into this is to get hold of the El-Mod upgrade board, which costs almost as much as the halftrack itself!
RKRC
Private

Post by RKRC »

Thank you, and yes, it's a shame that there are no better electronic parts in it.
I have looked at Elmod but it is a bit too expensive
RKRC
Private

Post by RKRC »

Then I got a little more done on it.... And a little Youtube video:
https://youtu.be/oVoSG9z9EhI?si=9vRFopr8k3nVgoUC
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Clark’s do half track boards now. Can’t tell you if they are any good though
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Please...um... Exhibitedbrute, are you be able to put up a link to the Clark board for halftracks? After making a painful decision about my FAMO's becoming a static build, at least I can store the link away for future potential use.
RKRC
Private

Post by RKRC »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:58 pm Please...um... Exhibitedbrute, are you be able to put up a link to the Clark board for halftracks?
No don't tempt a weak soul.....
Because would be the best upgrade

Return to “Other Build Logs”