Our scale boats

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
OddballTanker
Recruit

Our scale boats

Post by OddballTanker »

While we have just joined the ranks of tankers. We both have been running and enjoying scale boats. We do have an active local club for boats that has sailing and scale boats, and a few fast electric guys mixed in. I have a very old Dumas Mister Darby, a massive offshore salvage tug, takes nearly 70lbs of ballast to set her down in the water. Uses a L&G tractor battery for main power and final ballast. Working lights, rotating radar unit, twin 4" bronze propellers with twin rudders. Her boat is a Robbie German fireboat called the Dusseldorf, twin propellers, 4 rudders, 3 working fire monitors that are aimable from the Tx. Also has full working lighting. I did not build them, but have done some upgrades and basic upkeep on both. We also have a BIlling Boats Zwarte Zee offshore single screw tug that was her first boat that is looking for a new(local) owner.
https://i.ibb.co/1d8xPvX/zwart-zee.jpg
Its a mother beautiful tank! Stop with the negative waves man.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Our scale boats

Post by tomhugill »

Lovely collection there!
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Love that Mr. Darby! Still wrapping my head around 70 lbs. of ballast NOT including the boat in the first place!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Very nice fleet! My gunboat project has been on hold for quite awhile but you’ve inspired me to think about forging ahead. I have a hard time finishing things that…………
OddballTanker
Recruit

Post by OddballTanker »

It's wild how much ballast it takes in the monster tug boats, those 4 inch props sit a good 2 inches under water.
Its a mother beautiful tank! Stop with the negative waves man.

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”