New acquisition

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Re: New acquisition

Post by Meter rat »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:27 pm Yay, it turned up.

Sorry to hear about the damage, such a pain.
I've got to ask, is that barrel ok? Am I right in thinking it looks like it's stuck in the recoiled position, just like the early Heng Long Tiger 1's :think:
It is what it is. They are chucked around from China, to Holland, to the UK, and I need to damage the Zimmerit anyway. Saves me two minutes work. As for the barrel. I hadn’t noticed, as I haven’t powered it up yet. Waiting on the battery to charge for a full test.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

Barrel should move out when you turn tank on did with mine

What was the import charges? im looking at the leo 2
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I am surprised by the damage, for the Torro tanks I have from Torro or Licmas all survived the overseas trip unscathed. Please don‘t sweat the little details too much. Enjoy! By the way, I have encountered some folks who think the crates to be an expensive superfluity. Maybe so, but they are actually handy for transport; if they get bumped up a bit, it‘s just realism, and making them oneself is more costly (my woodworking pal actually estimated the cost per crate for us to try. Yikes!).
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

john1970 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:42 pm Barrel should move out when you turn tank on did with mine

What was the import charges? im looking at the leo 2

Still haven’t powered it up yet. That will be tomorrow..
£98. + £12 something for delivery.
Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:10 pm I am surprised by the damage, for the Torro tanks I have from Torro or Licmas all survived the overseas trip unscathed. Please don‘t sweat the little details too much. Enjoy!
If I was not going to rip it apart, or it was my first model I would be bothered. However as I am a realist and I intend to paint it, give it damage and generally bog about with it, I won’t loose sleep over some minor damage.

Return to “Unboxing”