Geographical traditional culinary delicacies.

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Geographical traditional culinary delicacies.

Post by Ecam »

Well lets just say I'd buy YOUR cookbook! Still have no idea what piri piri sauce is.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I concur about the response to your recipe, Son of a Gun-ner. I see it in my crystal ball. Yummy!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Ecam wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:18 am Thank you, but, my cook book contains things like jellied eels lol.

Well lets just say I'd buy YOUR cookbook! Still have no idea what piri piri sauce is.
It is basically another version of chilli sauce, originally Portuguese, copied and promoted by a chain of grilled chicken restaurants called Nando's. Virtually every store in England (maybe Britain) sells their brand of chilly sauce, and a lot of stores sell their own version.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:03 am I concur about the response to your recipe, Son of a Gun-ner. I see it in my crystal ball. Yummy!
Thank you. It's quite simple to do, and doesn't take long to prepare.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

That’s three meals planned then for next week. Mr Chefs Copped cheese sandwich, for Saturday, with beer to be enjoyed while watching the rugby. Fidget Pie for Sunday, and S of G’s Chicken for Monday.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Meter rat wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:48 am That’s three meals planned then for next week. Mr Chefs Copped cheese sandwich, for Saturday, with beer to be enjoyed while watching the rugby. Fidget Pie for Sunday, and S of G’s Chicken for Monday.
No haggis?

Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

No haggis.
Tried ordering some tripe on line. £15 delivery, for a £5 product :crazy: I will succeed in my quest.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Meter rat wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:48 am That’s three meals planned then for next week. Mr Chefs Copped cheese sandwich, for Saturday, with beer to be enjoyed while watching the rugby. Fidget Pie for Sunday, and S of G’s Chicken for Monday.
See now I knew this was going somewhere. Mr. Rat is just getting bored of the regular bites and wants new ideas for din-din... :haha:
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Mick that is an awesome Chicken dish! I really dig it.

Unfortunately rashers like that are few and far between and not cheap here. Streaky bacon might work but American streaky bacon would just fall apart and burn by the time the chicken is cooked. I'd have to resort to Serrano ham or cheap Parma.

Ok, take note that I will share a family recipe when I make it next. Think simple, cheap, one pot meal and tasty as all get out. Learned it from my Mom who learned it from hers. Think poor people in the 1950's in California.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

MrChef wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:55 pm
See now I knew this was going somewhere. Mr. Rat is just getting bored of the regular bites and wants new ideas for din-din... :haha:
Absolutely correct. Need new inspiration. Was just supposed to be burgers on Saturday, if, however I can learn and improve then I’m happy. Do a similar recipe to chopped cheese with fried chicken.

Return to “Off topic”