Geographical traditional culinary delicacies.

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Geographical traditional culinary delicacies.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Meter rat wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:36 pm and just for Son of a Gunner, caviar of the north,
What exactly is caviar of the north? Mooshed up haggis?

Everything else on the plate sounds marvellous.
Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:59 pm '[M]meatballs made from minced off-cuts and offal (especially pork...traditionally pig's heart, liver, and fatty belly meat or bacon)...herbs and bread crumbs." https://www.atlasobscura.com/foods/faggots 'Nuff said.
Oh, and they're bloody marvellous. I had them about three weeks ago.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

ColemanCollector wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:37 pm Love me some offal!

But then, I'm a sucker for fried blood pudding doused with vinegar and fresh ground pepper, toast, and fresh tomatoes. Spiced right, floor sweepings are mighty tasty!
Mike.
Black pudding with egg and bacon etc, good old full English breakfast :D

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:59 pm '[M]meatballs made from minced off-cuts and offal (especially pork...traditionally pig's heart, liver, and fatty belly meat or bacon)...herbs and bread crumbs." https://www.atlasobscura.com/foods/faggots 'Nuff said.
Herr Dr. I feel as though I may have offended you in some way, with my poor attempt at humour. If I have please accept my apologies.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Meter rat wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:06 am
Herr Dr. I feel as though I may have offended you in some way, with my poor attempt at humour. If I have please accept my apologies.
Nah, I reckon hes gone off to hurl !!
You ok Proff ?? :sick:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hey, just fine here, enjoying the humor. In fact, I bet I can gross you all out!
I have been known to make a sandwich with sourdough bread, extra firm tofu, and Heinz 57 sauce (similar to Houses of Parliament sauce, I believe.) I like TOFU! Raw! Raw! Raw!
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

I still think Jimster should chime in with a recipe for freshly squished mole pie.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Okay. Take one Dodge Challenger 6.4 L Hemi SRT and add 1 mole on top of an engine pully. Start car and allow serpentine belt to tenderize the mole. When belt comes off pully let it tenderize the mole. Remove tenderized mole from smoking belt and feed it to your outdoor cat. The $40 replacement belt and 1 hour of replacement time will satisfy your hunger. Busted knuckles and torn arm skin tops off the experience.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Jimster wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:28 pm Okay. Take one Dodge Challenger 6.4 L Hemi SRT and add 1 mole on top of an engine pully. Start car and allow serpentine belt to tenderize the mole. When belt comes off pully let it tenderize the mole. Remove tenderized mole from smoking belt and feed it to your outdoor cat. The $40 replacement belt and 1 hour of replacement time will satisfy your hunger. Busted knuckles and torn arm skin tops off the experience.
I can sympathise with changing belts in cramped engine compartments :'( :silent:

Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

A Great British tradition for tea tonight. Fish Finger Butties.
64F59E3B-D27B-41D6-95F5-5667C11694AA.jpeg
64F59E3B-D27B-41D6-95F5-5667C11694AA.jpeg (118.55 KiB) Viewed 214 times
B03C9DD8-A173-414D-937E-D44BBD84CB45.jpeg
B03C9DD8-A173-414D-937E-D44BBD84CB45.jpeg (132.84 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Found this just for Son of a Gun-near.
D5728EB8-12A7-4605-B400-C95AD562A799.jpeg
D5728EB8-12A7-4605-B400-C95AD562A799.jpeg (95.19 KiB) Viewed 214 times
:haha: :haha: :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

/\ /\

Yep, looks like it tastes :sick: :thumbdown:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Off topic”