Tiger 1 update

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Nickjagman
Recruit

Tiger 1 update

Post by Nickjagman »

Hi everybody,
Just a quick update on the Tiger,not been too good(arthritis playing up AGAIN :( ) Apart from that the Tiger is moving on.Iv'e decided to go for a winter camo finish.The upgrades are coming along niceiy,gone for a monster hard case 4500 mah 7.4v lipo,just fits into the battery box although the cables now exit into the main tub ive rigged a balance charging lead and hidden it in one of the the air boxes at the rear.suspension springs have been uprated as she's begining to put some weight on lol.Big shout out to Dave and Julie at Forgebear(exellent supply of parts at great prices and a service that's second to none) Ive replaced the gearboxes with thier steel version,they maybe slightly noisier but i think the sound from the straight cut gears adds to the appeal and realism.
Mantlet and barrel have also been replaced with thier much more accurate metal version,puts the mg on the correct side of the barrel and the barrel length is a lot more to scale.hatches,cupola and smoke generators are now in metal(much more detail)the cupola now opens in the right direction,mg opening on the turret side also now in the right orentation and gone are the horrible moulded plastic periscope hatches,the opening metal versions are a much better look. As for the exhaust smoke,iv'e replaced the dead oem smoke unit with a pump style replacement unit (FB),closed off the back and bases of the stacks and fed the smoke tubes into the stacks to make the exhaust smoke exit as on the real Tiger.to try and get some realistic blue smoke iv'e added acouple of blue Led's behind the shields,bit bright at min though lol,hopefully once the paine works done it'll dull them down a bit,if not might have to add acouple of bigger resistors to bring the output down.
I guess that's the longer version of a quick update,get a bit carried away sometimes,not that it shows lol. A bit more fettling,some fake wiring to the smoke generators,some battle damage to add and i guess it's time to brake out the airbrush and see what happens.
The Pershings had a little bit of work too(cant 'leave her out)she's also had the same battery upgrade,hull magnets and a speaker upgrade again another of Dave and Julies,the double speaker with the extra base makes the the sound quality sooo much better with the v7 control unit,might even treat the Tiger to one aswell.
A big thank you to the forum and Forgebear coz without you i'd probably be be sat here with a couple of non running hulk's. I cant 'recomend Forgebear enough.The parts are exellent quality,service is second to none(rare thing these' days)and the prices make the hobby so much more affordable.Il try and add some pics,if my phone will talk to my laptop......
See everybody soon and ENJOY the hobby.
Nick
Attachments
20240127_075106[2].jpg
20240127_075106[2].jpg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 457 times
20240127_075002[1].jpg
20240127_075002[1].jpg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 457 times
20240127_074934[1].jpg
20240127_074934[1].jpg (2.01 MiB) Viewed 457 times
Pershing,
Tiger 1,
M41A3 Bulldog,
M1A2Abrams
:headbang: ms
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Tiger 1 update

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I just put in an order for Schumo goodies for my T26E3 (Pershing), so I appreciate those kinds of details on your Tiger. Do you have any photos or info. on your M26? I might want to do a speaker upgrade because of the good sounds (although not the best speed control) of the Taigen electronics.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Can’t beat Schumo bits.

Tiger is taking shape nicely!
Akron1933
Recruit

Post by Akron1933 »

Looking good!
Nickjagman
Recruit

Post by Nickjagman »

Thanks guys,
Herr Doctor,the speaker is a Heng Long speaker B from forgebear on the forum trusted vendors and i think he's admin for us. Im not sure how much it'll be to you,in the uk there £11.00 plus postage. the sound quality is so much better,ive mounted mine under the front upper hull of mine,because it much slimmer it fitted to the front slope above the MG. Hope this helps you out.
Regards Nick
Pershing,
Tiger 1,
M41A3 Bulldog,
M1A2Abrams
John Glover
Lance Corporal

Post by John Glover »

Very cool. Turned from a toy to a model with your mods .Very satisficing ,I bet. What did you use for your mantlet MG. Regards John.
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya King Tiger [Porsche turret]
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya Panther
HL/Taigen Stug 111
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thanks for the tip on the speaker. I can look around for one here in the states, but, as you know, the £11.00 would be about 1/4 of the shipping cost. I have some other ideas about replacement speakers, too.
Nickjagman
Recruit

Post by Nickjagman »

Hi John,
MG came prewired with the mantlet,its the latest mato version
Pershing,
Tiger 1,
M41A3 Bulldog,
M1A2Abrams
Nickjagman