Tiger 1 update

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
michaelwhittmann
Lance Corporal

Re: Tiger 1 update

Post by michaelwhittmann »

Where do you start with a build like this?

I buy HL tanks. Scuff them up and that's about it.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Start with research.
Find the tank you like in a picture or newsreel footage, make a list of what you need to get, order it and hook in !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I do just as Herman Bix recommends. There is a research section here on RCTW with six subsections, one dedicated to the Tiger I. A bit bookish by lifelong habit, I have more books than AFVs—and way more than skills.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

On the flip side, I have never modeled an actual tank. It seems like all tanks have different models, generations or changes. I tend to pick a subject of a particular tank and spec, and do my best to mimic that one. Kind of like within a 1965 through current Ford Mustang run, I want another 1969. Within 1969 three body styles and multiple trims. Make mine another 69 Mach 1!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric

Return to “Heng Long Builds”