EL MOD Emergency Help

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
T5Harvey
Recruit

EL MOD Emergency Help

Post by T5Harvey »

So I bought a Heng Long T-72 6.0 that has an El-Mod unit in it. It was quite an untidy install, but had some really cool features, and I was hoping to learn about the settings and how to use the app for it. I downloaded it, but it never seemed to work, and eventually shower IO Error. I literally never used the app, it didn't open and recognize the unit. I eventually gave up, went to start up the tank afterward, is stated "BATTLE MODE HEAVY TANK" like always, but after that, nothing. The blue light just flashes on the board. Also, while looking it over, two wires pulled out of an unknow component, so I am trying to figure out what it is. Pretty upsetting, I just finished painting it, and was going to start to clean up the complete mess of the wiring inside the vehicle. ANY help would be greatly appreciated, trust me. Some of the features it had were super cool...I have no idea why the app never loaded/function on my laptop. Thanks in advance.

Martin
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: EL MOD Emergency Help

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Martin T5Harvey, can you put up some photos? That will help those who are familiar with the various ElMod boards identify which one. If you can, get close up and show the loosey-goosey wires, too.
T5Harvey
Recruit

Post by T5Harvey »

OK, the wires are from the flash unit. I can live without that, but the module just flashes blue. Its a FusionX I believe. I have to learn more about post pics here.
T5Harvey
Recruit

Post by T5Harvey »

Cancel the EMREGENCY, it appears the BEC connection to the receiver had backed out, after a bit of troubleshooting. Its a FUSION PRO, Rev F

Thanks, however!

Martin
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Good deal! I am glad the solution found it's way to the surface.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

Sometimes you just need to get a later version of the app if you are having IO Errors - that is a common problem I've had over the years when trying to connect a new board to the El-MOD software that I'd installed a while earlier.
T5Harvey
Recruit

Post by T5Harvey »

I am a bit gun shy with any of it now. Just glad to have it running again. I thought it was done, and I messed with the app two hours prior to all this happening. I was just seconds away from a HL 7.1 T-90 ECU. Do you have a link other than the EL-MOD website? Thanks.
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

I think the only palce is the El-Mod website for the software. They do (or did) have a help section on a German forum, that was linked from their website last time I went there?
T5Harvey
Recruit

Post by T5Harvey »

Ok, thanks. I really like the way it operates. Most realistic tank ECU I have owned.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Damn right!!

Return to “El-Mod”