Renault FT 1:6

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Re: Renault FT 1:6

Post by Marco Peter »

My friend build a metal FT-17 just a tad smaller, check this its in the video!

phpBB [video]
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Really nice project. Some wonderful engineering.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Stunning and good Ole English metal working / toolmaking on show.
I bet you have a grey dustcoat too !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
MikeN
Private

Post by MikeN »

Marco Peter wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:43 pm My friend build a metal FT-17 just a tad smaller, check this its in the video!

phpBB [video]
Very nice!
MikeN
Private

Post by MikeN »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:37 pm I bet you have a grey dustcoat too !!!
Ahem,
its brown actually.

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ahh!...............youre a real mainliner then :O
My Tradesmen from the UK when I was an apprentice would use grey, but the very senior ones had the brown.
From memory the Brown was the toolmaker/patternmakers, & they looked down on the rest with distain, the grey were the fitter & turners !!
The Class system at work in New Zealand :crazy:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
MikeN
Private

Post by MikeN »

Wearing a brown dust coat is very soothing and relaxing.
Mines a bit manky now though.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

MikeN wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:06 pm Wearing a brown dust coat is very soothing and relaxing.
Mines a bit manky now though.

Manky from years of dedication I'd say ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Yeah, I mean give the motors a shot. I could be wrong. I know a lot of guys run 550s with 1/10th tanks, but those are mostly plastic also. The plastic M5 Stuart uses them, but it's really light for a 1/6th scale tank. Project looks awesome though.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Hello Mike,

I'm totally blown away by your Renault FT ! I'm working on one, which is smaller and in styrene and resin 3D printed tracks and it's a nightmare, but I see yours, wow mine is a breeze in comparison !

Your work looks so good, every part looks perfect from the rivet to the sprocket.

How did you manage to create the curvy shape of the track shoes ? Do you have any more pictures of the building process of them ? Of the rough assembly before you grind and clean them ?

Can't wait to see more, I don't know if you're going to paint it because it looks so nice and impressive in bare metal !

Keep up the good work Mike !

Return to “Larger Scale Military”