A pair of threes. Stug/PZIII

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

A pair of threes. Stug/PZIII

Post by Ecam »

These will not be a fast builds. I've got books inbound and will get parts as I need them. Spent most of the last week pouring through the builds here at RCTW looking for inspiration. I know many amongst us claim the Tiger I as their favorite tank. But for me my favorite (Axis/German) tank would be the diminutive PZIII. I've worked on several of my German tanks but mostly stiffening the chassis, removing air softs and smokers (although my HL Tiger I got all the fixes years ago). So this is my first thread on the stuff Germany turned out in the war.

First step was to free up some room. The post aren't really in the way so I will use them as guides and magnets to secure. A piece of wire in the thread portions makes it easy to index and allows plugging the hole underneath. I find it funny that this is a fairly early HL kit, yet the underside has some impressive detail (muddied up by the holes and battery box).

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Re: A pair of threes. Stug/PZIII

Post by ColemanCollector »

This should be fun!
I too love the workaday looks of the Pz III and Stug III. Not every tank can be one of those fancy-schmancy Tigers or Panthers!

Mike.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ahh now let’s see how M eh Ecam embraces the StuG Life !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

Had a nice conversation with my brother today. I guess this thread guilted him into sending a great reference book on these tanks. I mentioned that I am eager to get some out door photography on the M32 but it is currently snowing and temps in the single digits (-15c). He then tells me that they had a cold snap recently it got down to an overnight low of the high 50s (15c). And he calls me a schmuck! I think we all now know the truth!

By the way, I did say this was going to be a slow build. I spent yesterday working on a HL Royal Tiger and today it was my HL Tiger I (that was purchased 2016-17).

Herman Bix has rubbed off on me with the dozen or so projects at once...

Eric
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

You think Ive rubbed off now!!, wait until you get the first hit of the StuG life & then you will know Im your hook-Daddy.
Stowage, ersatz armour , camo, zimmerit/no zimmerit, early/mid/late, muzzle brake variations, your fix is just waiting. :shh:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

So, the way it works is: I call Eric and tell him that his reference books and some Sherman parts are on the way, and then he promptly starts maligning me in front of our revered members of the forum. AND, then to poke fun of the fact that we were freezing our pineapples off due to the cold snap - it's just shameless. It's not our fault that living here saps all the anti-freeze from your blood. Schmuck.
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

At least you noticed that I waited until you left the post office!

Eric
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

"Living here "???
Oh?
That island in the Pacific ?
its 18C , thats a nice summer day in New Zealand :haha:
I sleep in 24C in A/C here in Aus.
No freezing pineapples surely Mr Sass :O
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

As for Brothers................I got mine living with me at the moment........... :problem: :wtf:
An option of under a bridge or my place & I got the booby prize :problem:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Nice pair :)

Return to “Heng Long Builds”