Coolbank Facebook news thread.

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Coolbank Facebook news thread.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Regarding the Coolbank Facebook news thread.

After a lengthy behind the scenes discussion, we (That's not the royal we) have decided to remove this thread to the forums archives (it won't be deleted, just hidden from public view).

This is because of the public allegations towards the Coolbank company for allegedly breaking the licensing agreement, which they accepted when they downloaded the STL files of the Hetzer they have on offer.

As a forum team, we have to stay neutral to protect the forum. Although there are allegations pointing at "proof," there has been no proof submitted on the forum.
Therefore, we will impose a blanket ban on any advertising/plugging of this company till they can resolve this issue, one way or another.

Regards.
Mick, on behalf of the forum team.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Re: Coolbank Facebook news thread.

Post by ColemanCollector »

:thumbup:

Mike.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Makes good sence :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Thanks lads, that means a lot :thumbup:

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

I'm disappointed as I initially posted it as the most fruitful news in a long time. Tamiya drip feeds the 1/16 RC world and charges horrendously. Heng Long has not produced anything but modern tanks for soooo long. To have a bunch of fresh blood is/was so refreshing.

However, to have one of our own members plundered is not acceptable. I've seen a similar thing happen in the slot car industry and it is gutting for the individual.

Mods you have my full support.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Thank you Estnische.

Yes, you posted in good faith and with good intentions we thought we could all appreciate.
It's such a shame that these things happen.

And I too have seen the aftermath of people copying other people's work with H.O. (1/64th) slot cars.

jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Yesterday Coobanks already posted a "excuse" on facebook saying they only used the warprints model to show that they will design their own hetzer. but let's see how this goes. By the way, they admitted this way that it is the warprints model.
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

I don't care to get into details but I reached out to Tomas upon hearing the news & then immediately contacted Coolbank Wang to get him to issue an apology. How far that goes, who knows but I seriously doubt it will end in royalty payments to Warprints once those RTR Hetzers start appearing on Aliexpress.

We all know how business is typically done here - I have a local friend who I collaborate on boat kits whose own designs have been copied by other, less scrupulous model suppliers - so don't expect anything major.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

@jee and Xiaoshan_Sailor.
With respect, the other thread on this subject was removed because of hearsay, however, screen grabs that conclusively back up people's claims are preferable.
The forum can't be seen to appear to publicly support what could be interpreted as a witch hunt purely from say-so.

Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:51 am @jee and Xiaoshan_Sailor.
With respect, the other thread on this subject was removed because of hearsay, however, screen grabs that conclusively back up people's claims are preferable.
The forum can't be seen to appear to publicly support what could be interpreted as a witch hunt purely from say-so.
Will be more than happy to share with the admin more details with screenshots of the chat I had with CBW. Here's the apology statement he sent at the end of our chat that appeared on FB.

No heresy or scuttlebutt - just the facts, ma'am, as Joe Friday used to say on Dragnet. 8)
412871176_2135702710109373_7555422980640556966_n.png
412871176_2135702710109373_7555422980640556966_n.png (232.13 KiB) Viewed 87105 times

Return to “Hobby News”