Scale Hydroalastic suspension...Any ideas how?

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
Richb77
Recruit

Scale Hydroalastic suspension...Any ideas how?

Post by Richb77 »

I am embarking on a 1/8 Mitsubishi Type 10 build and want to replicate the Hydroalastic suspension on the real deal. Its similar to that on the Swedish STRV 103.

I have seen videos of it done and know some make RC low riders with hydraulics, but i have no idea where to start with it at the moment.

Ideally i want to build it myself (the system) but I am 70/30 split between using Servos against Hydraulics. My tank may be big but its not going to be all steel. Most likely Plastic, wood, Composite and Aluminium. Moderate servos will tip the nose, bum in the air and left to right easily enough.

i just wondered if ANYONE had done similar before or knows of a resource so i can make a better stab at doing this (i.e more/better knowledge).

Cheers chaps.

Merry Christmas to you all.
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Re: Scale Hydroalastic suspension...Any ideas how?

Post by ColemanCollector »

Looks like there's kits out there to give some ideas. No idea folks were doing this. Might need to recreate Pedro Sanchez's cousins' ride in "Napoleon Dynamite"!

Mike
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Just make sure there are no components from Citroen. You’ll spend the rest of your life, chasing leaks. 🤣🤣🤣
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

In smaller models servos are used.
phpBB [video]

In biggers scale air pump is used:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Return to “Modern Tanks”