heng long tk 7.0 shutting down after firing

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: heng long tk 7.0 shutting down after firing

Post by tankme »

There is one other thing you can do to troubleshoot. This is something we did in electronics school in the Army. If there was something so broke we couldn't figure out what the problem was, we would break a piece of equipment down into it's minimum configuration. If it worked that way, we would add parts back into the system until it failed. Once it failed, that was the bad part.

You could do this on a tank by disconnecting the smoke, the LEDs, the turret rotation, motors, the elevation, etc. Just make sure you LABEL or take a picture of all the connections BEFORE you start removing them... :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

The recoil could be shorting somehow. I had a similar problem years ago with a Taigen/Torro KV-2 tank. In my experience, this did not shut the tank down, but it did make the barrel stick in place and not recoil.
The recoil would not go in far enough to make contact with a micro switch. I carefully disasembledthe turret of the Taigen KV-2 and fiddled with the recoil by hand until it contacted the micro-switch. The problem has not recurred ever since. I certainly agree with tankme: "LABEL or take a picture of all the connections." For quite a while, I took pictures of each step as I disassembled Taigen/Torro tanks. It sure helps build confidence that one can get it back together again. ;)
StuartWillis
Recruit

Post by StuartWillis »

Hi All, I thought i'd update this post.
After a bit of too'ing and frowning with the supplier they went me a new unit.
Guess what all works as expected now :-)
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Yay! I am glad this came out well. Despite the limited sound choices, the HengLong TK7.0 is a nice control unit. Please keep us informed as you progress with your Abrams.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

StuartWillis wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:06 pm Hi All, I thought i'd update this post.
After a bit of too'ing and frowning with the supplier they went me a new unit.
Guess what all works as expected now :-)
That's awesome, thanks for updating this thread :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
linyubin
Recruit

Post by linyubin »

The issue with the motherboard is resolved by replacing it! Did you fire the gun and make modifications, adding smoke?
StuartWillis
Recruit

Post by StuartWillis »

linyubin wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:34 pm The issue with the motherboard is resolved by replacing it! Did you fire the gun and make modifications, adding smoke?
I did not make any modifercations it just works as expedted after the new unit was installed, smoke etc all works.
linyubin
Recruit

Post by linyubin »

I found that the engine stalling on my end is all due to issues with the motherboard! Just repair it

Return to “Heng Long”