A Merry Christmas- from the Britpack!

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Mithras
Corporal

Re: A Merry Christmas- from the Britpack!

Post by Mithras »

And to you too. That Cromwell is a thing of beauty.
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Happy Christmas Roy to you and yours from Jan and I and to everyone one on the Forum,
It has to get better next year doesn't it? :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Good to see you around once more Roy!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hey, Holiday ColemanCollector: "I see a Comet, but the other reindeer must be somewhere else." Hmm... Names like "Donner" and "Blitzen" certainly would work. But let me know when you see a tank named "Cupid." :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Salutations (Moran Taing!), and greetings from the Highlands: Painless, Shaun, Adam, Mr Chef, Tom, Brett, Coleman (without the Ornette), Mithras (of obscure deity fame), and Doc for the drollery and seasonal wordplay. A mention of the Panzer IV inclines me to add this image of a wider 'pack' of functional 1/16 models. The Tamiya Panzer IV Ausf J is still waiting patiently for its Finnish camo. Next year, maybe. :D As a by the by, I hope Imgur never goes out of business, as most of my pics are stored there, including this one. 8O :
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I've not entirely forsaken the world of armour this year. I follow, for example, the regular videos published on Youtube published by the Australian Armour and Artillery Museum. If you're impressed by their restoration work- and who wouldn't be? you should see what happened, when a couple of their main men went to the jaw-dropping Polish 'Panzer Farm'. They were like kids in a sweetshop. The Panzer Farm not only produces parts from scratch, but even blueprints when the originals disappeared decades ago. Their use of CNC and computer tech should be quite instructive, even for those working in 1/16 scale. There's also a follow up on Youtube. Try not to drool too much!
And now, back to the month of unbridled self-indulgence! Merry Christmas!.
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

43rdRecceReg wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:00 pm Coleman (without the Ornette)
Haha! Bass trombonist in high school and university. People frequently thought I was playing in Ornette's free jazz style. Sadly, I was just trying to read the sheet music!

Mike.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Merry Christmas to you too Roy. I hope you and all who are looking in have a great Christmas. And don't spend too much money in Lapland. . . .
Attachments
69691-2328a8f0-4731-4b1b-91fb-d502628c572b.jpg
69691-2328a8f0-4731-4b1b-91fb-d502628c572b.jpg (51.55 KiB) Viewed 6713 times
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

And my best holiday wishes to all on RCTW! May your dinners with relatives be in the demilitarized zone.
Christmas Landing.jpg
Christmas Landing.jpg (203.23 KiB) Viewed 6629 times
Christmas Navy Ford.jpg
Christmas Navy Ford.jpg (306.2 KiB) Viewed 6629 times
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thanks, Mick! Have a great Christmas, and it's good to hear from you. Did you ever build that Sherman, and have I missed it? :) :D In any event, all the best to you and yours!.
Doc, what a fine truck that is!. :clap: I wonder what German gunners might have made of a full scale version, truckin' along. Who knows, it might have spawned another local Christmas Truce. :D We have two mighty tussles going on in this pic. All settled amicably!. Next year, I intend to make my magnum opus tank clash video for Youtube.
(Wee white Scottish dogs will be excluded!). I thought I'd direct it under the nom de Guerre: 'Cecil B. De Military'. I might add some wholly inappropriate music, just for the sake of absurdity and fun (But not Benny Hill's famed 'chase' music)...
On a more seasonal note, Stereotyping would have us believe that this is the typical Highlander's daily consumption over Christmas but; in reality, these are just the chasers.
The empty whisky bottles need a truck to take them to the bottle bank!! Merry Christmas!
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Off topic”