ASAD-BABIL "LION OF BABYLON" IRAQI ARMY FEB 1991

Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Re: ASAD-BABIL "LION OF BABYLON" IRAQI ARMY FEB 1991

Post by Panzermechaniker »

I really like the wear effect on the skirts. How did you do that? Pencil? Only way I've been able to replicate it realistically is by total accident with bad driving scraping along hard surfaces at the field.
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

This is a work of art. It is beautifully executed, realistically weathered... cannot express publicly, or privately, just how pleased I am. I fear I lack the words, perhaps that eloquence is due to my recent bout of illness; perhaps it's the fact I'm literally speechless. This is gorgeous, and it's rare anyone has done something so kind for me, if ever. I am speechless, and will always be at your disposal should I be able to assist you in any way.

Rest assured, despite being "one of the bad guys" she'll be given a place of honor here. Well, maybe she isn't one of the -really- bad guys. Not Republican Guard, so... I guess I can be comfortable with the grey area there. At least slavery wasn't legal in Iraq. More than I can say for Kuwait.

At any rate, thank you again. Much prized.
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

This is simply a brilliant and very different representation of a T72. Can’t wait to see it have its backside kicked by Boudica’s Challenger. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Nicely done Mr Bix :)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Panzermechaniker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:27 pm I really like the wear effect on the skirts. How did you do that? Pencil? Only way I've been able to replicate it realistically is by total accident with bad driving scraping along hard surfaces at the field.
A water soaked bamboo skewer on its side, scraped over the surface, and on one side the point used to get a more pronounced scar.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Meter rat wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:31 am This is simply a brilliant and very different representation of a T72. Can’t wait to see it have its backside kicked by Boudica’s Challenger. :clap: :clap: :clap:
And no doubt it will be !!
The determination of a Wifes will to succeed is quite profound ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ad Lav wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:20 am Nicely done Mr Bix :)

Cheers Mr Lav, not easy brining someone else's vision to life.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Meter rat wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:31 am This is simply a brilliant and very different representation of a T72. Can’t wait to see it have its backside kicked by Boudica’s Challenger. :clap: :clap: :clap:
How very rude;) I’ll get her with something even worse. A Type 97 perhaps;)
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Mithras wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:37 am [quote="Meter rat" post_id=352021 time=<a href="tel:1708327913">1708327913</a> user_id=9562]
This is simply a brilliant and very different representation of a T72. Can’t wait to see it have its backside kicked by Boudica’s Challenger. :clap: :clap: :clap:
[/quote]

That’s unfortunate issue with IR. It doesn’t differentiate between old and new. Small gun, big gun, or armour thickness. It would be fun to watch a Type 97 stalking a Challenger. I now know what a Type 97 is. (Had to look it up 😝)
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Meter rat wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:07 pm
Mithras wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:37 am [quote="Meter rat" post_id=352021 time=<a href="tel:1708327913">1708327913</a> user_id=9562]
That’s unfortunate issue with IR. It doesn’t differentiate between old and new. Small gun, big gun, or armour thickness. It would be fun to watch a Type 97 stalking a Challenger. I now know what a Type 97 is. (Had to look it up 😝)
[/quote]

I've actually been thinking about posting a brief primer on Japanese armor during the Second World War. Might be interesting to some.

Return to “Modern Builds”