ASAD-BABIL "LION OF BABYLON" IRAQI ARMY FEB 1991

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: ASAD-BABIL "LION OF BABYLON" IRAQI ARMY FEB 1991

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Mithras wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:38 pm Herr Bix: Let me know what I can do to cover the cost of those hubcaps. Happy to oblige.

It's looking lurvely, mate. Lurvely.
Nah mate, part of the service !! It may not have bothered you but I just hate open sprockets with the Allen key heads showing !!
I needed a set for me anyway so another $12 bucks ain’t a biggy
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

And above all, since joining this place ticked over 10 years ago I have been fortunate to receive some amazing goodwill from members here & I feel it morally right to pass that goodwill forward when I can.

Tracks ?.............someone say tracks ??.............anyone say they love painting tracks ?? Anyone ? Beuller, Beuller.anyone :lolno: :lolno:

IMG_3444.jpeg
IMG_3444.jpeg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 337 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

And so it begins

IMG_3448.jpeg
IMG_3448.jpeg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 324 times
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Ah! Ah! No! No! There's parking lot damage to a brand-new tank! Oh, I swoon, I faint. :O
Actually some of my tanks are all set for weathering (e.g. my Mato M10), but I can't bring myself to do it. :{
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:06 pm Ah! Ah! No! No! There's parking lot damage to a brand-new tank! Oh, I swoon, I faint. :O
Actually some of my tanks are all set for weathering (e.g. my Mato M10), but I can't bring myself to do it. :{
You are very much like Boudicca in that regard. I myself have perhaps insisted too much that all of my tanks be a "little" dirty when I work on them, but Boudicca is one of those people who just views the dirtying/weathering process as painful, and I can respect that. Even if you people are total weirdos.

There was a guy who built a replica M4 and came around for our reenacting events when I was living in the DC area. NIce enough guy, and always welcome, but sort of prickly: he hated it when the tank got dirty. Which, at the time, was rather humorous. Especially in the VA/Maryland/DC area when it was the height of summer.
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:48 am And so it begins

IMG_3448.jpeg
"No, no... Hafez. I keep telling you - keep moving -until- the tennis ball touches the front. -Then- you stop!"
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

“total wierdos” eh? :think:
@)
:D
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:18 am Tracks ?.............someone say tracks ??.............anyone say they love painting tracks ?? Anyone ? Beuller, Beuller.anyone :lolno: :lolno:
Yeah, I think we have a nut job here who claims to loving painting his tracks. It is even rumored that he gets extra sets of tracks for a single tank!?!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:16 pm “total wierdos” eh? :think:
@)
:D

Yeah, weirdo's !!...............clean ?? what is this condition you speak of ?? :eh:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ecam wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:01 am
HERMAN BIX wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:18 am Tracks ?.............someone say tracks ??.............anyone say they love painting tracks ?? Anyone ? Beuller, Beuller.anyone :lolno: :lolno:
Yeah, I think we have a nut job here who claims to loving painting his tracks. It is even rumored that he gets extra sets of tracks for a single tank!?!
Extras, YES, I have done that.
Like painting tracks Oh HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL NO
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Modern Builds”