Gun systems on RC tanks

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
menright
Recruit

Gun systems on RC tanks

Post by menright »

I have a question I was wondering if anyone can offer any advice. The fume extractor on the tanks barrel, will it scale down and still function. The reason I ask is that I am currently building a 1/6 scale tank and will be using blank primer rounds which will simulate firing. Making it go bang is easy, my question is that when the round is set into the breach, given the length of the barrel a significant amount of smoke stays in the barrel and soots up the primer chamber. I was going to build an active system to push the fumes out of the barrel once the round is fired but was wondering if the real system scaled down would function in removing the smoke, or will it only work with a projectile( which I am not doing). Just wondering??
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Gun systems on RC tanks

Post by Tiger6 »

Probably the best thing would be a small CO2 cartridge based system to blow down the barrel after each shot (which in effect is what some tanks do as an alternative to a fume extractor in the barrel itself)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bore_evacuator

Return to “General Questions”