Need help replacing a blown speaker on Heng Long t-90 tank!

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
Fedda75
Recruit

Need help replacing a blown speaker on Heng Long t-90 tank!

Post by Fedda75 »

Hi everyone! I hope I am posting this at the proper place at this forum.
The speaker on my Heng Long T-90 tank gave up its ghost after just a few times running the tank. As far as my limited research online goes this seems to be a rather common issue with the Heng Long tanks equipped with 7.0/7.01 boards.
I want to remedy this with buying a replacement speaker of a higher quality than the versions Heng Long seems to offer. The Visaton speaker compatible with Heng Long tanks seems to be a good alternative, but I would like to know what you knowledgeable people on this forum believe would be a good replacement for the ruined oem speaker. All suggestions are welcome!
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Re: Need help replacing a blown speaker on Heng Long t-90 tank!

Post by ColemanCollector »

You've probably done this already, but have you unplugged and plugged back in the speaker? The connectors are not top qualiy and can wiggle loose, or develop a poor connection in the plug connector. Once plugged in, if there's no sound, try wiggling the wires to see if can get anything from the speaker.

Mike.
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

if you like you can try our speaker
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... ker_B.html
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Vr 7 4 ohm
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Fedda75
Recruit

Post by Fedda75 »

ColemanCollector wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:50 pm You've probably done this already, but have you unplugged and plugged back in the speaker? The connectors are not top qualiy and can wiggle loose, or develop a poor connection in the plug connector. Once plugged in, if there's no sound, try wiggling the wires to see if can get anything from the speaker.

Mike.
Great suggestion, I will try that! I will probably try to get my hands on a better quality speaker anyway, but surely I will give your method a try.
Fedda75
Recruit

Post by Fedda75 »

forgebear wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:08 pm if you like you can try our speaker
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... ker_B.html
Very interesting, thanks for trying to help me out with the issue described above. Will these fit the T-90 tank?
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

hi yes they will made by heng long but they dont place them in there tanks only the older ones
Fedda75
Recruit

Post by Fedda75 »

For now I have opted for a direct replacement for the Heng Long speaker. It will be interesting to see how long this one will last :)
Attachments
IMG_20231216_150803.jpg
IMG_20231216_150803.jpg (2.49 MiB) Viewed 9798 times

Return to “Modern Tanks”