Star Wars filming miniatures replica

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Star Wars filming miniatures replica

Post by Kaczor »

Tamiya Sherman! That makes sense, why invent somenthing when ideal chassis is available :D

PS. Your R2 is amazing!
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Kaczor wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:32 pm Tamiya Sherman! That makes sense, why invent somenthing when ideal chassis is available :D

PS. Your R2 is amazing!
I remember when I was young after Episode 4 broke reading in some magazine about all the model kits used to make these movie models. I still remember how aweshockingly amazing the opening scene was and how cool the effects were. It was awesome to see as an 8 year old kid in the theater for the first time. I saw Ep. IV 5 times in the theater when it first came out.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

The first movie, it was the first time we had to wait in line to buy tickets and then wait outside (So. Cal.) till the theater was ready.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Ecam wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:59 pm The first movie, it was the first time we had to wait in line to buy tickets and then wait outside (So. Cal.) till the theater was ready.
MrChef wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:49 pm
I remember when I was young after Episode 4 broke reading in some magazine about all the model kits used to make these movie models. I still remember how aweshockingly amazing the opening scene was and how cool the effects were. It was awesome to see as an 8 year old kid in the theater for the first time. I saw Ep. IV 5 times in the theater when it first came out.
Unfortunatly I was not born to watch the first 3 movies in theater for their initial release (well technically, I could have watched Return of the Jedi, I was 2 months old :P).
The opening scene of Episode IV was something unseen yet, an ever ending ship taking all the screen ! And that Star Destroyer built for Episode IV was half the size of the one built for Empire, it was only 120 cm long ! They had to build a special optic to stay in focus as they were very very close to the model when they filmed the scene. That's fantastic and I'm sad I havent been able to watch them in theater but discover them on TV (and the incorrect order, Empire Strikes back was the first movie Ive seen, maybe that's why it's my favorite).
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Unfortunately, I was born long before the first Star Wars film was released. :haha:
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:38 pm Unfortunately, I was born long before the first Star Wars film was released. :haha:
:haha:
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

An amazing project. Such commitment to the cause!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Everyone loves a bit of Star Wars! Great models you’ve made!

I enjoy building the Lego Star Wars kits with my son :)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Mr Tox your work is both astonishing as it is a Hyperdrive through time where I too went to see the first release ( partIV) at EVERY session that first day in New Zealand.
Ive seen part 4 13 times just in movie theatres, countless on VHS etc since, and I could recite the ENTIRE script for all characters without fault for years ...........
I had a 24 inch tall Darth Vader in the box unopened( wish i still had that) and his T.I.E. (Twin Ion Engine) fighter from Monogram (wish I still had that too) and a Monogram X-Wing with R2D2 in behind the cockpit ......................(no loss Im not a Skywalker guy)
They lost me with the teddy bears knocking out Stormtroopers :problem:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Estnische wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:19 pm An amazing project. Such commitment to the cause!
Thanks !
Ad Lav wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:40 pm Everyone loves a bit of Star Wars! Great models you’ve made!

I enjoy building the Lego Star Wars kits with my son :)

Me too ;D

Return to “Off topic”