Winter 23-24. And the wall came down

This section is for builds done in groups and collaboration on projects!
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Winter 23-24. And the wall came down

Post by Meter rat »

I suppose I had better introduce my build for winter.
East German T72, with winter camouflage, some time before the wall came down and Germany was reunified.
IMG_4542.jpeg
IMG_4542.jpeg (71.96 KiB) Viewed 58992 times
This isn’t going to set the world on fire, but will an upgrade on the existing model. The intention is to give it new metal wheels, upgrade the electronics, and give it improved gun elevation, recoil and flash and smoke. Other improvements as and when. I will need to wait until Christmas to make a proper start as I have given a list to the lovely wife and family.

This will also come in for a little makeover.
IMG_4544.jpeg
IMG_4544.jpeg (98.64 KiB) Viewed 58992 times
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Winter 23-24. And the wall came down

Post by Ecam »

Welcome to the fray. We've been expecting you!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Excellent Ian! Glad you've joined us.

A 2 for 1. Very cool.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Yay! Work on a truck - few and far between. I know they are not glamorous, but there is so much potential.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Whew! Thank you: I don't feel so lonely starting a bit slowly. I will be curious to see what the East Germans considered to be winter camouflage. Then, too, any upgrade of a HengLong is of interest to me because I have a stable of contemporary HengLongs waiting their turns.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:21 pm I will be curious to see what the East Germans considered to be winter camouflage. Then, too, any upgrade of a HengLong is of interest to me because I have a stable of contemporary HengLongs waiting their turns.
To be honest with you Mr Prof, all I intend doing is a little detailing and a repaint in the same colours, as it is already in East German winter camouflage. The main work will be inside. Money is very tight at the moment, so this seemed to be the perfect opportunity to build in some more functionality with out splashing out too much.

Although I have subsequently found a Tiger from D-Day, which could be a what if scenario. I need to do a bit of research into it. There are some Sherman’s which may also have piqued my interest. But they may be too complicated for my simple brain. A lot Depends on money, so neither will be probably worth starting for this build. Watch this space, or not because I will start an new thread if one or the other goes ahead

Anyway. A very small start has been made, in which I learned that that my incompetency knows no bounds.

Firstly these arrived. After being impressed with them in the Challenger, I thought it would be rude not to install a pair in the T72.
8DCF237E-49DE-4938-A1EB-D5D0DCC39CF7.jpeg
8DCF237E-49DE-4938-A1EB-D5D0DCC39CF7.jpeg (454.52 KiB) Viewed 58904 times
Secondly, due to the financial situation, I decided to fit bearings to the plastic wheels. Instead of buying metal road wheels.
5C927F1B-E735-4311-B243-0EF0C8102276.jpeg
5C927F1B-E735-4311-B243-0EF0C8102276.jpeg (344.47 KiB) Viewed 58904 times
9mm drill purchased, stuck in electric drill, and this is when I found out that I am unable to drill a vertical hole even with a pilot hole. Then I drew blood, when filling the hole to get it straight. :{ :poop:

More incompetence to follow.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I'm with you on the "budget" constraint, Meter Rat. My Pershing build is partly motivated by the need to stick with parts and paints I already have, lest there be too much month at the end of the money. Of course, if you see my posting from just a few minutes ago, it turns out that I bought some parts for the Pershing. Geepers! :/ :crazy:
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:07 pm I'm with you on the "budget" constraint, Meter Rat. My Pershing build is partly motivated by the need to stick with parts and paints I already have, lest there be too much month at the end of the money. Of course, if you see my posting from just a few minutes ago, it turns out that I bought some parts for the Pershing. Geepers! :/ :crazy:
Just read your post. I could be homeless, or I could find her cutting my climbing rope, or loosening the heads on my ice tools, when the wife finds out that I have just bought some ultimate gear boxes.
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

Your "incompetency" inspires me. You do fantastic work, keep it up and keep contributing to the group build (an education to us all).
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Ecam wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:37 pm Your "incompetency" inspires me. You do fantastic work, keep it up and keep contributing to the group build (an education to us all).
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: More than agreed!!!!

Mr. Rat I follow all of your projects with interest. Keep it up sir! Whatever direction the wind may take you.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Return to “Group Builds”