My First tank build

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: My First tank build

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

OOH! That looks a little bit like a Merkava, but even more sleek, futuristic. It's amazingly large. What is the fitment at the very front on the lower hull? Is that some kind of towing fitment?
menright
Recruit

Post by menright »

Yes. I added a couple of eyes front and rear which can either function for towing or I can hadd a handle so two people can just about lift the tank. Merkava, Type 10 and KF51 where all inspiration for my design. It will eventually be painted in simliar colours to the MK5 Merkava.
menright
Recruit

Post by menright »

Image I decided to reassmble the tank and add the Olive Grey base colour to see what it would look like. Once all the detailing and weathering are added it should look great. Also got it on the scales and so far it is at 90kg. None of the electronics are fitted but should come in under my 100kg target.
Still so much to do but I must admit I am enjoying this project.
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

This reminds me of some of Poland’s proposed next generation tanks. Looks fantastic!
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
menright
Recruit

Post by menright »

Still got a fair bit of work to do but it is starting to come together. Most of the electronics are now fitted.
I have a few teething problems to sort out. Custon built sound system works well, just needs programming now in the radio.

Quick video shwoing the turret systems.
https://youtu.be/BRfMKlL7QpA

Loads more videos of testing the tanks on my YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... XluJbppmFB
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Looking fantastic. Nice weathering, and I dig the Merkava style turret chains.
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
menright
Recruit

Post by menright »

Thanks, trying to sort out a few problems at the moment. I am getting to much bounce from the turret and barrel at the moment. Problem is that I was limited to a smaller lasy susan bearing and I am using a small actuator for the gun elevator, might need someting a bit more powerful.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Cracking looking tank!

Well done!
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Is the barrel balanced? Then again making it heavier may exaggerate the problem...
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
menright
Recruit

Post by menright »

Ecam wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:08 pm Is the barrel balanced? Then again making it heavier may exaggerate the problem...
The barrel was made to be lightweight. The breach part of the barrel is much heavier metal as it has to house the blank firing system. The whole mechanism is counter weighted so the actuator that moves the gun elavation does not have to work to hard.
Is that what you mean by Balanced?

Return to “Larger Scale Military”