[Winter 23-24] s.IG.33 Pz.III

This section is for builds done in groups and collaboration on projects!
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

[Winter 23-24] s.IG.33 Pz.III

Post by Estnische »

Crikey. There would be some who would justifiably say I need another project like a hole in the head.

But Herr Doctor Professor asked for volunteers, so I stuck my hand up :wtf:

I've had this Stug chassis laying around for a long time - it was the original purchase for my Sturmi - a 27MHz cheap buy.

I was browsing the interwebs and came across some resin bits for the s.IG kit from Profiline. Just the cannon - no other bits were available, it was a long time ago even then, but I forgot that I collected some other relevant bits.

I also figured out that a Heng Long Tauchpanzer upper hull was a good starting point. The rest is just flat sheets right? :haha:

Baldrick's brilliant s.IG.33 is already done with full winter ketten and white paint, so I think I will be less snowy and follow the look of the painting at the beginning of this post. If it looks familiar, it is because it was used as the artwork for the Dragon 1/35 static kit.
Ecam

Re: [Winter 23-24] s.IG.33 Pz.III

Post by Ecam »

That's going to be a cool (pun) build too!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

This IS going to be another good project! Yes im following this one right along. Be sure to share what if anything you do for the obligatory Pz.III throwing tracks. I’m always interested to see if and what people do to remedy this known issue.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Yes! Stalingrad Sig :)
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Unique tank, nice to see something different!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Oh hell yes I will have the popcorn out for this one ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Well that was a strange day! I woke up early and thought about buying winterketten for the sIG. I was only half awake and saw they were on special at rctank.de on my smartphone. Tried to Paypal them but it wouldn't go through, twice.

Then after I had breakfast, I thought, no, this is supposed to be cheap and its not featured on the first image of this thread - I don't need them.

Fast-forward to this afternoon and I am hunting high-and-low through my parts stash for some Tiger axles... Bam! I found a set of winterketten, and a bunch of accessories for the sIG. :clap:

By the way, they are 40% off on that site if you need some.
Last edited by Estnische on Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I have a boat load of spare Winterketten track if you need any for spares or stowage mate. Free as you like.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:25 am I have a boat load of spare Winterketten track if you need any for spares or stowage mate. Free as you like.
Yes please!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Pics to follow , please hold
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Group Builds”