[WINTER 23-24] Tiger I #822

This section is for builds done in groups and collaboration on projects!
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: [WINTER 23-24] Tiger I #822

Post by Ecam »

I'd say leave it here because technically it IS the same tank.... And you did mention it in the opening post.

Like my companion towed Sherman, not much to post about it but it adds to my subject M32 build. As you suggested, build it post here as you want and put the finished work on "Show off".
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Looking great MrChef!
The washed white wash is very cool. I may considering it to not totally hide the original camo on my build. Love the mud too!

Yeah if you want that gap, the tracks have to be very loose, my Tamiya Tiger I is like that, I don't have much problem regarding losing a track. Don't ever sure it already happened on that tank.

But from what I've noticed on all my tanks detracking is more about bad alignement on all the running gear (from sprocket to idler). I have 2 heng long Panzer III chassis (one being a Stug), so same config, one have a slightly misaligned idler and that track keeps coming off, while the other is perfect and I never lose a track, and both have the same tension...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

" I'm kinda burned out on dedicating the time to chronicle the same stuff." I understand that: I make some tiny bit of progress or just get one thing "kinda" correct, and I am too busy dancing around to take pictures. Your plan seems good--just like your work!
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

a bit more progress on S13,

started some pigments

more to go

she should be up for a drive tomorrow methinks :D
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

Methinks that you've done a spectacular job with the weathering. And I truly love that rear panel, battle damage, mud and weathering - outstanding!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I admire the looks of the weathering, especially on the hull and running gear. I am waiting for another fix of Magic Grime. (It's on its way) I sold to a friend my last bottle of the Magic Grime for green AFVs. (Drat! I didn't realize it was my last bottle. Then when I ordered more, the eBay seller couldn't believe I wanted THREE bottles. :O )

After a bit of overall Magic Griming, I want to do something a bit lighter but along the lines of mess you made on the lower hull (In March of '45, the T26E3s appear to have been in quite good shape and rather clean). So if you have any suggestions along the "how to" line, ahem... :D

(Now here's an interesting tid bit: I want to see what I can learn about March '45 weather, or at least typical early March weather in the area of the Ludendorf Bridge. Dr. Google should be a help.)
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Love the painting and attention to detail concerning wear and tear. Very nice work.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Great looking Tiger, the heat proof barrel is a favourite of mine!
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Love the exhaust shields and tracks. :clap: :clap: :clap:
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Thank you Herr Dr., Adam, Jimster and Ian for the kind words and support.

Yes Adlav I thought the replaced barrel would be a cool touch, all puns intended.

Mr.Rat I'm gonna make a rusty guy out of you.

Herr Dr. I'll point you to the mud.

Jimster, I've decided the level to which I am going to finish these things. Details yep I'm into them but after the shakedown run today I'm going to limit myself going forward as I'm at my peak of form over function. And these aren't shelf queens I went through 3 batteries running this guy to test and tweak and have some fun of course. :D

This shot is for you Herr Dr.

"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Return to “Group Builds”