[D-Day] M26 Pershing

This section is for builds done in groups and collaboration on projects!
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: [D-Day] M26 Pershing

Post by Ad Lav »

Much better :)

Something so small as texture on the glacis and the periscope guards transforms the model.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I think I might have a need for some of those periscope guards Herr Proff ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Ad Lav wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:34 am Much better :)

Something so small as texture on the glacis and the periscope guards transforms the model.
No kidding, it evaporates any "toyish" look.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Feeling exhausted Sunday evening and even worse Monday morning (26 Feb. 2024), despite care and vaccines, I found two red lines on a Covid test. Such is luck sometimes. Progress on the T26E3 was held up because I couldn't hold my head up. But I got a bit done, including digging out of the one of the goodies containers a metal Mato Browning .50 cal. for the turret.

Taking out an unpainted Mato MG, I was reworking almost every part of it to get off cast lines and at least some of the Grand Canyon press pin marks on the castings. I knew why the body of the MG could not pivot down forward in the castings for the ammo box and its mount, but I did not know how to get the ammo box mount off. As I was filing and filing and filing, even reshaping the

I have a Mato .50 cal. on my Mato M10, and I was always depressed because the Mato MG could not be depressed. After all, Audi Murphy got a Medal of Honor for standing up on the engine deck of a toasty warm M10 and using the .50 cal. to discourage attackers. How could he ever have won the medal if his gun only pointed skyward? :O
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

On Monday morning (26 Feb. 2024), despite care and five rounds of vaccines, I found a nasty red line by the "T" on a Covid test. Such is luck sometimes. Progress on the T26E3 was held up because I couldn't hold my head up. But today I got a bit done, including digging out a metal Mato Browning .50 cal. for the turret.

Filing and grinding, I was reworking almost every part of an unpainted Mato MG to get off cast lines, to remove at least some of the Grand Canyon push pin marks on the castings, and even to create a semblance of the outer end of an ammo box. I knew why the barrel of the MG could not be positioned at all depressed: the curved arms of the pintle mount cannot pivot forward and downward because of a hidden rib inside the casting for the ammo box mount. But I did not know how to get the ammo box mount off.* As I was filing and filing and filing, the ammo box and mount (cast as a single piece) came off! Hallelujah! I attacked with the Dremel grinder and said goodbye to the useless and offending rib that blocked the way.

Mato .50 cal 01.jpg
Mato .50 cal 01.jpg (283.08 KiB) Viewed 211 times

*I have a Mato .50 cal. on my Mato M10, and I was always depressed because the Mato MG could not be depressed. After all, Audi Murphy got a Medal of Honor for standing up on the engine deck of a toasty warm M10 and using the .50 cal. to discourage attackers. How could he ever have won the medal if his gun only pointed skyward? :O
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

Best of luck for a speedy recovery, Herr Doktor! Hopefully you'll be as fighting fit as your Pershing in no time.

That M2 is going to be great once it's all filed and polished. Nice detective work getting the full range of motion back, too!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Great Guns!
Literally! Get better ASAP! Add some chain to those mounts and that pin. You've filed and fixed together a really good looking M2
Following along!
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Gunsmithing on a teeny tiny scale! Great work getting everything to work correctly. I had Covid in the new year and as soon as you mentioned you couldn't hold your head up, it brought back some very recent memories. Rest, more rest and some Pershing therapy is the cure!

Mike.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

She's a sweet lookin Ma deuce Herr. Dr. I hope for your speedy recovery as I also had a bout with something winter sickness a few weeks back. Not the dreaded "C" word but still had me feeling like total :poop: from New years day for about 12 days after.

Get better my friend.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Update FYI: Dr. Covid Test says I am clean and clear. :clap: So I'm off gallivanting for a few days. :haha: I am waiting for East Coast Armory parts for the T26E3. See ya later, alligators.

Return to “Group Builds”