'23/24 "Winter" or "D-Day" Build Introduction

This section is for builds done in groups and collaboration on projects!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

'23/24 "Winter" or "D-Day" Build Introduction

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thanks, Kaczor and Ecam, for jumping in to a get us started this morning while I was being an old man at the doctor's office. :haha:

Let's go with Kaczor's idea (and Kaczor's and Ecam's examples in this section) by starting the participating build threads with the word "Winter" or "D-Day": "I encourage you to post new threads in standard sections with the Winter or D-Day prefix."

I have 13 entries, but more are welcome. To add in your appropriate build (something as in winter and/or appropriate to D-Day, its 80th Anniversary being 2024), please use the appropriate identifier as Kaczor indicates just above. And please send me (Herr Dr. Professor) an alert by PM in case we do get a separate section for our posts. No matter how modest your build, you are welcome, for this is not a competition at all, but a chance to share information, ideas and help one-another.

Here in alphabetical order is the list of builders who have so far alerted me about their plans.

Ad Lav: “Tamiya M4A1E8 Sherman - D day 80th”
ColemanCollector: “HL KV-1E to a KV-2...very worn winter camouflage for the Spring of ’42”
Ecam: “M32 ARV, D-Day...wouldn't have been first on the beach...but were there...BARV is boring, no moving parts, but the M32 has a crane!”
Estnische: “ SiG 33...winter...”
Exhibited Brute: “early M4A2...British and African...early Sherman III HengLong...but will have my designed and printed conversion kit”
Herr Dr. Professor: “M26 Pershing...Taigen...either a tank at the Remagen Bridge or the one in the Battle of Cologne”
jee: “SU 76i conversion from a panzer III chassis winter...”
Jimster: "Taigen Panzer III...502 heavy tank battalion near Leningrad...shot all to hell (nearly destroyed) with smoke coming out of different damaged places...traces of winter white wash...”
Kaczor: “Sherman IIA from 1st Polish Armoured Division, Low Countries, 1944.”
Meter Rat: “T72...East German...winter...the wall came down, so 1988/1989”
MonsieurTox: “Hummel...winter camo...I could change my mind about the camo”
MrChef: “Tiger I early war winter 43, Jan-Feb Eastern front”
PainlessWolf: “King Tiger II...Porsche turret..HL...Winter finish but don't be surprised if the crew is the best indicator of what Season”
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: '23/24 "Winter" or "D-Day" Build Introduction

Post by Ecam »

Great list, am looking forward to seeing these builds come to life. I will admit, I can't wait to see the Jimster build, that should be fun!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Awesome!

I’m in.

Let’s have a good time and some fun.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

And they’re off!
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Anybody can still join of course.

INSTRUCTIONS

I. This is a cooperative group build. We will be ready to ask questions and to help others, always respectful of others’ greater or lesser experience, skill level, and financial resources.
II. Start with a Military RC you want to (re)build appropriate for either 1) a winter theme (any year, any nation); or 2) the 80th anniversary of D-Day (vehicles of Western Allies from Overlord to the end of World War II).
III. The type of finish is open, from the way the military RC looked out the factory door to any authentic type of winter or D-Day to end of World War II camouflage.
IV. Aftermarket, 3D printed, and scratch-built parts are up to you, but not required.
V. The group build will start on 1 November 2023 and finish on 31 May 2024.
VI. We will try to provide regular updates on our builds with photos. On or before June 6, 2024 we will post "finished" photos.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Mr Dragon got the section added and sorted folks, go your collective hardest :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

Thank you Mr. Dragon for the new section and moving our threads!

Thanks also to Professor, Bix and Chef for coming up with this and the work you've put in (yours too Kaczor).

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Army of the Winter Build (and women are welcome, too):

This is exciting! My gratitude :clap: :wave: to Matdragon for providing a section and to those of you who worked to arrange it all. I have been busy, as my M10 is unweathered still, the FAMO is in need of other possibilities for RC innards, and I had just started a FLAK 38 from Battleground Models. And here so many of you are diving into magical transformations. Wow!

A personal note: I don't get to model but about a few hours a week. I spend a few days each week fifty miles from home with the sweetheart who (at her expense!) took this old widower for a two-week tour of Scotland.
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:38 pm

I spend a few days each week fifty miles from home with the sweetheart who (at her expense!) took this old widower for a two-week tour of Scotland.
Keeper!

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

I am impressed by all the progress you Winterbauer are making. I have barely cracked the books on the Pershing. I do read every post and absorb as much as I can because there is so much to learn from you all. Yay! Yay! Yay!

Return to “Group Builds”