D-Day Clickers

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

D-Day Clickers

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

On my recent tour of Scotland, I was introduced to the Acme Whistle used by shepherds. However, Acme is also interested in the once top secret clickers used on D-Day:
https://www.acmewhistles.co.uk/stories/ ... ay-clicker
jarndice
Colonel

Re: D-Day Clickers

Post by jarndice »

Doc those "Clickers" were not top secret for long because they became a childs toy indeed I had one as an infant and like most toys they annoyed my parents to exhaustion which surely is what toys are really supposed to do (Sorry feeling a bit grumpy today). :thumbdown:
Last edited by jarndice on Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

We went to Normandy in the summer and I was suckered into buying three of them for my kids… you can imagine the noise levels and clicking at all hours :)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I got one when I went to Normandy too.................Its in with the rest of the special items I bought home from there. Everyone that comes over who gets curious & asks about the vast array of stuff I have out on display seem to have all heard of the Cricket when it gets a run!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I’ve got a ww2 musette bag filled with bits and pieces from my trips to Normandy :)

And some tins with sand from each of the beaches. Good memories.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I have a huge shard of marble from the inside of the Nuremburg Rallygrounds speakers podium(dont ask)
A large piece of Facia from the Eagles nest exterior cladding and a shard from the fireplace ( dont ask)
And 2 pieces of concrete bunker from pointe du Hoc..........(that was easy :shifty: )

As well as other bits from other places that I woooooont detail :shh: :problem:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Lol :)

Chunks of concrete and cladding tell good stories!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

As kids, we used metal lids off of jelly jars because they would click when pressed. As old guys modeling at my house on Tuesdays, we do the same. :crazy: I wish I could see Normandy. :(

"And 2 pieces of concrete bunker from pointe du Hoc..........(that was easy :shifty: )" Holy Schlamoli! How did you get that home on the airplane?

Return to “Off topic”